Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Torn here.... I'm first in line for a circuit edition at a major metro dealership. (Canada)

With pricing released, I'm torn between this car and a loaded IS350 which would only be a couple grand more. Totally different category of car and the GR will certainly be more fun to drive, but the Lexus is of course much nicer.

Kinda thinking I'd regret not getting the GR because I've been waiting 20 years for Toyota to offer something like this. Maybe I trade it for an IS in 4 or 5 years?

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
Torn here.... I'm first in line for a circuit edition at a major metro dealership. (Canada)

With pricing released, I'm torn between this car and a loaded IS350 which would only be a couple grand more. Totally different category of car and the GR will certainly be more fun to drive, but the Lexus is of course much nicer.

Kinda thinking I'd regret not getting the GR because I've been waiting 20 years for Toyota to offer something like this. Maybe I trade it for an IS in 4 or 5 years?
Ironically my backup cars are the IS350 and maybe a IS500.

if I had those cars I would be happy enough to not look at the GRC.

·
Registered
22 Posts
After seeing pricing for the GRC the same thought crossed my mind. The GRC will be more fun but the IS is a much nicer car in terms of daily driving. I doubt I'd ever take either to a track, maybe once over the life of the car, so track performance doesn't matter to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
The next question would be, the resale value of both, who's going to hold up and who's going down.

Which of the 2 are cheaper to maintain
Don’t underestimate a Lexus resale value. That IS500 for example might be worth more in the long run over the GRC. Lol. IS350 will have resale value depending on trim, and that’s mainly because Lexus IS going full EV soon

·
Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty
473 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

I love my IS350 F Sport. The car is fantastic, but comparing it to the GR Corolla is comparing apples to oranges. It really depends on what you're looking for in a car.

The GR Corolla is a very capable and light (by today's standards) car. However, it is not a luxury car. It can't be smooth and quiet. It won't have all the bells and whistles.

Lexus build quality is very underrated. The interior is impressive for an entry level luxury sedan. Despite being much heavier, the handling is great on it. However, on a track it won't stand a chance to the GR Corolla. The GR Corolla is about the raw driving experience.

Ask yourself what you're looking for in a car. Are you ever going to track? How many creature comforts are you willing to sacrifice? Are you looking for novelty?

Either way. Both are fantastic cars, which is why I'm looking to own both. They serve, however, different purposes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've test drivin LS350s and honestly if it weren't for the anemic the AT was I may have gone in. That's my biggest gripe with it. It's sorta like the 350z, you can tell the platform is ancient and its been revised to death.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts