Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since the Supra is closely related to the GR Corolla, many folks here are probably interested in at least keeping up with it. This thread will be to share media on all things GR Supra!

To start, we have Doug DeMuro's overview on it:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I kinda wanna sell all my project cars and buy a GR Corolla, GR Supra, and GR86. Have all three.. Lol its doeable, but probably not the wisest financial decision ive made in my life..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have you had any issues or annoyances servicing it? Or do Toyota service centers handle the German stuff ok?
I’ve had zero issues the service department here has been fantastic! The only thing that is difficult is that they only have 2 techs who are “trained” to work on it and that means they’re the ONLY 2 people allowed to touch the car. That means for everything, even codes being cleared, when I bought the car it had been modified and was throwing a CEL for the catted downpipe and I took it in and acted innocent and it’s one of the things that makes the service more time consuming but it also means that you know exactly who is working on the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm consistently sad when I see Top Gear without the big three...
Yeah idk who this guy is in this video as I've stopped watching TG since the holy Trinity left but its not the same. Once this clown hopped into the 86 and immediately commented on how good the engine sounded it made me roll my eyes. Artificial sounds do not belong in true enthusiast cars. Ever.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,768 Posts
I'm consistently sad when I see Top Gear without the big three...
Yeah idk who this guy is in this video as I've stopped watching TG since the holy Trinity left but its not the same. Once this clown hopped into the 86 and immediately commented on how good the engine sounded it made me roll my eyes. Artificial sounds do not belong in true enthusiast cars. Ever.
I like Chris Harris but that's about it

·
Registered
08 STI / 85 CB650SC Nighthawk (kinda cafe)
38 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

I just posted some of my impressions on the Supra in my personal intro thread. Probably should have just done it here, but oops. Head over there if you want to read!

·
Registered
201 Posts
View attachment 2510
I just posted some of my impressions on the Supra in my personal intro thread. Probably should have just done it here, but oops. Head over there if you want to read!

I glanced over it and I will let you know the zf is not a dct. It’s a traditional torque converter automatic. That’s part of what makes it more impressive

·
Registered
08 STI / 85 CB650SC Nighthawk (kinda cafe)
38 Posts
I glanced over it and I will let you know the zf is not a dct. It’s a traditional torque converter automatic. That’s part of what makes it more impressive
Thanks for the correction. It really does have INSANE response for a traditional auto.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts