Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Figure 4.75-5.5% anything above that with the given avg interest rates and you really need to drop more cash. Like a lot more $30k+
Mine was 5% and well over 825 credit score for 60 months.
Will be making double payments often though without early pay off penalty.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Dang.. Toyota hit me with 8.8 and a local bank picked it up for about half.
The dealer allow to mark up to 3%.. making $2-3k on the loan.. I was offered 8.35% from Toyota, while chase and other offer 6.1% for 72 months..... I suck it up and now in the process to refinance with my local credit union. Just approved for 6.1%

Just checked with my gal at the credit union. 3.74% for 60 or 72 months. I don’t finance over 5 years but that seems like a solid rate given current Fed rates. Only .75 up from when I financed my truck in 2019.

Just checked with my gal at the credit union. 3.74% for 60 or 72 months. I don’t finance over 5 years but that seems like a solid rate given current Fed rates. Only .75 up from when I financed my truck in 2019.
My credit union had that rate but only up to 36 months and you had to get some extras to buy down to that rate. Weirdly my Capital One rate from the dealer was less than they advertize on their own website.

My credit union had that rate but only up to 36 months and you had to get some extras to buy down to that rate. Weirdly my Capital One rate from the dealer was less than they advertize on their own website.
I shouldn’t have said anything. I called and talked to my loan officer today, and they are going up a point to 4.74. And my CE won’t be here in time to beat that increase. She advised I get my loan from Toyo direct so I can refinance with the CU once % rates drop. She said if I finance via the CU off rip then I cannot refinance it through them so advised I get the loan from someone else then I can and qualify for new car % rate, even if the car is 2 years old. Not that big of a deal. With what I’m putting down the extra point they are going to increase 60 month loans means about a straight g, even, but I don’t want to pay it. If I get exactly what I want this spring, color, etc, cool. But if I don’t, I may punt to 2024. We need a full year to have a bunch of exhaust and turbo choices, and for the motor modding blueprint to be dialed in.

Great thing for me is I’m in no rush. If I wait until this time in 2024 I’ll be able to pay 3/4 of the vehicle on the down payment. + a year for mods to come out, any SE color changes, and any upgrades they make to the GRC. Armrest, give us Morizo tq, the nicer head unit the Japanese model gets, etc. No guarantees but I see no downsides to waiting. Just means the more I can save, getting interest on my money to have a smaller loan, and hopefully see the interest rates drop. Demand reduces over time and deliveries as well. Chess not checkers.

Great thing for me is I’m in no rush. If I wait until this time in 2024 I’ll be able to pay 3/4 of the vehicle on the down payment. + a year for mods to come out, any SE color changes, and any upgrades they make to the GRC. Armrest, give us Morizo tq, the nicer head unit the Japanese model gets, etc. No guarantees but I see no downsides to waiting. Just means the more I can save, getting interest on my money to have a smaller loan, and hopefully see the interest rates drop. Demand reduces over time and deliveries as well. Chess not checkers.
Welcome

Jaw Organism Font Urban design Art

you got it all wrong. us buyers on 2024 copium never intended to buy the 1st year run due to adm
Yeah, people can gas it up, hype it up, and I still say Don’t Believe The Hype it’s a sequel. I’ve been at this too long to 1) get worried about it and 2) to pay through the nose. % rates alone could mean putting it off. We shall see. I know one thing, ain’t pay ADM :ROFLMAO:

Yeah for the most part. My last car was 5% so I’d be happy getting close to that. You can get a new WRX 2.9% 48 months right now
Chase Bank keeps offering me $50k pre-approved at 7% for Subarus, but my local dealerships neither have the BRZ or the Subaru WRX STI hatch that never existed. Oh well. lol.

From my inside source at a few dealerships, I can tell you the going rate is around 6-7% for people even with stellar credit. I have stellar credit and no matter the term length you're going to see rates go even higher. This is not sustainable. It may seem stupid, but if you are good at stocks and can analyze the market, there's so much money to be made right now in the market and anyone who is not cash heavy right now sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next bull run is a fool.

That 6% is beans to get your dream car. Just do it. You won't regret it if you can afford it now. I am not holding my breath that production / attainability will change in the next 2 years unless Subaru got involved and we all know how much RTV they put on their motors lol.

there's so much money to be made right now in the market and anyone who is not cash heavy right now sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next bull run is a fool.
I’ve been saying this for 6 months. I’m just stacking money. One of the investment guys I listen to said “Don’t buy anything for the next 18 months”.

Like you said, the rates are not sustainable. They will go back down. It’s only about if you have the patience to wait it out. Most live instant gratification however.

Chase Bank keeps offering me $50k pre-approved at 7% for Subarus, but my local dealerships neither have the BRZ or the Subaru WRX STI hatch that never existed. Oh well. lol.

From my inside source at a few dealerships, I can tell you the going rate is around 6-7% for people even with stellar credit. I have stellar credit and no matter the term length you're going to see rates go even higher. This is not sustainable. It may seem stupid, but if you are good at stocks and can analyze the market, there's so much money to be made right now in the market and anyone who is not cash heavy right now sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next bull run is a fool.

That 6% is beans to get your dream car. Just do it. You won't regret it if you can afford it now. I am not holding my breath that production / attainability will change in the next 2 years unless Subaru got involved and we all know how much RTV they put on their motors lol.
Yeah I ended up getting low 6’s. Definitely worth it to me and it makes me feel better that tons of people out there paid as much or more in ADM as I will in interest if I take the full loan term to pay it off

you aren't getting better than around 5-5.5% for the average loan, even with a credit union. UNLESS you are like 87 years old and fully own 3 mansions or something
I’m a bit over half that age and I got 4.74% available right now. It was 3.74% but they just raised it a point. Mo’ motivation for me to keep stacking money to pay 70% instead of 50% down!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.