Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FJ 2020 RAV4 Hybrid 2017 Focus RS
578 Posts
First, I am NOT a wash / detail guru. I can fill a rock chip and buff out a scratch, and I do a twice a year clay bar and sealant on my cars, but that's about the extent. Is the citric acid method for the carbon roof a common thing? I would think that any acidic cleaner would be a bad idea for any clear coat.

I'm still gonna get stealth clear bra on the roof anyway, then I won't have to worry about it. Mostly curious.
Kinda confusing to me as well, the matte clear coat is different I guess? It says to keep it off the regular paint but it seems to be fine for the roof.

As for wrapping the roof tho- Toyota says not to but it won't harm it right? I couldn't tell if it was just saying it will remove the matte look or actually cause damage to it if it was wrapped or PPF. Seems it'll be pretty tedious maintenance if we're not able to cover the roof with something, and if you don't have a covered parking spot or garage it'll be a full time job/don't buy a CE lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Kinda confusing to me as well, the matte clear coat is different I guess? It says to keep it off the regular paint but it seems to be fine for the roof.

As for wrapping the roof tho- Toyota says not to but it won't harm it right? I couldn't tell if it was just saying it will remove the matte look or actually cause damage to it if it was wrapped or PPF. Seems it'll be pretty tedious maintenance if we're not able to cover the roof with something, and if you don't have a covered parking spot or garage it'll be a full time job/don't buy a CE lol.
I was thinking the same thing. If it's as tedious to care for as the manual makes it out to be I'm going to wrap that sucker and call it good.

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
423 Posts
View attachment 4558
This is interesting. I thought the whole AWD system was designed with rallying in mind?
I'm curious what they'd define as extreme. Obviously a stage rally would be really hard on it but if it can't handle some dirt road shenanigans like a TSD event that'd be pretty disappointing. Especially since they show that in the ads lol.

·
Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
447 Posts
I'm curious what they'd define as extreme. Obviously a stage rally would be really hard on it but if it can't handle some dirt road shenanigans like a TSD event that'd be pretty disappointing. Especially since they show that in the ads lol.
I mean if a bone stock yaris could do it, I doubt the GRC will have much trouble completing your typical stage rally. Maybe it won't put down the fastest times, but we'll have to wait and see for that...

In other news, would anyone like to sponsor my stage rally team?

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
423 Posts
I mean if a bone stock yaris could do it, I doubt the GRC will have much trouble completing your typical stage rally. Maybe it won't put down the fastest times, but we'll have to wait and see for that...

In other news, would anyone like to sponsor my stage rally team?
I'm more worried about breaking something or the system shutting down.

Although it does help give me an excuse to not have to sell the Celica if I get a GRC.

·
Registered
08 STI / 85 CB650SC Nighthawk (kinda cafe)
159 Posts
View attachment 4584

@toyota explain yourself
TL;DR for the manual
Question:
Can I eat ice cream on weekends as long as have dinner first?
Answer:
No, this may damage the matte clear coat and may cause the matte clear coat to lose its matte texture.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts