Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru STi
16 Posts
How do you guys find torque specs or maybe the FSM (factory service manual)? I have always been able to find a Subaru FSM can't seem to find that for Toyota.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I’m surprised break in is a lot shorter. Then again I should’ve figured it being the same as the Yaris
For those that don't want to open the PDF
■Breaking in your new Toyota To extend the life of the vehicle, observing the following precautions is recommended: ●For the first 186 miles (300 km): Avoid sudden stops. ●For the first 621 miles (1000 km): • Do not drive at extremely high speeds. • Avoid sudden acceleration. • Do not drive continuously in low gears. • Do not drive at a constant speed for extended periods.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS, 2003 Toyota Celica GT
52 Posts
There’s no armrest man.
Aftermarket to the rescue! Hopefully...
For those that don't want to open the PDF
■Breaking in your new Toyota To extend the life of the vehicle, observing the following precautions is recommended: ●For the first 186 miles (300 km): Avoid sudden stops. ●For the first 621 miles (1000 km): • Do not drive at extremely high speeds. • Avoid sudden acceleration. • Do not drive continuously in low gears. • Do not drive at a constant speed for extended periods.
I was surprised to read that the mileage for break in is that short. Maybe I'm just an old man lol stuck in the 1000 mile days

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm a little scared again, in the quick reference guide it clearly shows the cars charging ports area without the armrest :/
I bought one of these for another car, quality not bad. Top lid opens and also slides.

·
Registered
08 STI / 85 CB650SC Nighthawk (kinda cafe)
162 Posts
First, I am NOT a wash / detail guru. I can fill a rock chip and buff out a scratch, and I do a twice a year clay bar and sealant on my cars, but that's about the extent. Is the citric acid method for the carbon roof a common thing? I would think that any acidic cleaner would be a bad idea for any clear coat.

I'm still gonna get stealth clear bra on the roof anyway, then I won't have to worry about it. Mostly curious.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts