Yeah David covered a little bit more this time around. Besides that it’s fully leaked now, just hope it’s officially revealed soon.Was just about to watch the Kirk video on it!
It has little ones to accommodate the vent work/ducts but yeah. I already saw a bunch of people disappointed on YouTube. They thought the renders were 100% what the car was going to look likeI'm honestly surprised but also not surprised at how kind of miniscule the fender flares are. Really thought it'd be more prominent but it looks great nonetheless
It’s definitely more track/street oriented than Rally inspired. You can tell it’s aiming for the new Type RPersonally love the direction they are going with it. Nothing to boy racer how the 10th Gen Civic Type R is. This honestly has been a car I’ve been considering since they posted that link to the website saying we are getting something similar to the GR Yaris.
Oh 100%. I’m on a ton of forums other then this one and a lot of people are eyeing what Toyota has coming very closely haha. I’ve always seen the Corolla Hatchback as a perfect bases for a hot hatchback and they are delivering.It’s definitely more track/street oriented than Rally inspired. You can tell it’s aiming for the new Type R
Agreed. The Type R was very over the top so I'm glad they're getting a kind of nice balancePersonally love the direction they are going with it. Nothing to boy racer how the 10th Gen Civic Type R is. This honestly has been a car I’ve been considering since they posted that link to the website saying we are getting something similar to the GR Yaris.
Exactly my interpretation. The one thing I will note is I think it will have an optional spoiler if one wants it.Agreed. The Type R was very over the top so I'm glad they're getting a kind of nice balance
That’s fine with me personally. I like the one on the base Corolla Hatchback.Yeah it seems to be without a spoiler in the photo. The current Corolla hatch already offers a nice spoiler so I could see that being an option
I don't doubt white pearl will be an option. It's a colour on the GRY and it's a colour on the current Corolla. I really hope they do put the JBL in, at least as an option, beacuse I have the 11 speaker JBL with the 10" sub in my FJ and it is a killer setup(I don't really care for the navigation though). I don't doubt it'll be in the 4.5-5.5 0-60 times given it shouldn't be too heavy and it has the AWD. The interior should hopefully be a middle ground between the Corolla XSE and the GRY. Most likely has dual exhaust even though I personally would like center exit. I think overall the car will be the XSE with some luxury features traded out for the GR featuresI was getting really used to the renders from Japan. At first I just wanted the Corolla with much better performance, but I think I’m coming back to accepting the Corolla without the heavy grill changes. The Corolla is actually a really nice car just as it is (xse). I bought one for my wife and people act like we own a golf R(thats what got me so interested in the GR Corolla, it’s such a nice car). I really hope it Stays close to the classy Corolla xse like the golf r remained true to the golf git, I’m not into the boy racer civic type r stuff. The golf r remained refined despite its major bump in performance. Current concerns:
- really hope they don’t paint the roof black or at least make it an option not to (it looks terrible with the standard Corolla black roof, but not the top painted black like the carbon fiber gr yaris)
- really hope they don’t black out the lower lip on the front of the Corolla to make the grill look bigger (the painted lower lip has a lot of style and a black lower spoiler would still look nice with a painted lower lip
- really hope the wheels don’t look small (they do in the second leak pic, even in comparison to my wife’s xse)
- really hope it’s not painted up funky colors
- really hope it has the jbl sound and navigation (wife’s xse does)
- really hope the interior materials look nice (black leather)
- really hope they keep pearl white as an optional exterior color
- really hope they keep the xse digital dash as a GR styled digital dash
- really hope this thing can 0-60 between 4.5 and 5.5 seconds
- really hope it can pull .98g lateral skid pad
- really hope it has dual exhaust