Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
199 Posts
Theres a part of me that wants the GRC to be pumped out and be dime a dozen like the Miata, theres so much support for it and junkyard parts.
But theres part of me that appreciates the hand crafting at Motomachi. Its a GR vehicle and the point is that its built by GR. I am a guy after all who goes through the effort to get Made in Japan stainless vacuum bottles, which there is a difference to me.
I hear you… my rice cooker had to be “Made in Japan” from Zorijushi. :ROFLMAO: Many things make a difference that way, but like you I also for this wouldn’t mind wider availability…. And then I love the care Japan made vehicles receive from these factories.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Theres a part of me that wants the GRC to be pumped out and be dime a dozen like the Miata, theres so much support for it and junkyard parts.
But theres part of me that appreciates the hand crafting at Motomachi.
Many things make a difference that way, but like you I also for this wouldn’t mind wider availability….
I see this is a recurring topic here, but I stand on the other side of the fence. It isn't like Toyota produces poor products out of their other plants. I can guarantee that once they set forth the manufacturing requirements for this car (extra glue and welds, etc) it could be built at any of their Corolla factories and nobody would ever know the difference once it's parked in their driveway, versus one built at Motomachi.

At this point in time. "hand built at Motomachi" is synonymous with "you have a good chance of never owning one". Pick your poison.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I see this is a recurring topic here, but I stand on the other side of the fence. It isn't like Toyota produces poor products out of their other plants. I can guarantee that once they set forth the manufacturing requirements for this car (extra glue and welds, etc) it could be built at any of their Corolla factories and nobody would ever know the difference once it's parked in their driveway, versus one built at Motomachi.

At this point in time. "hand built at Motomachi" is synonymous with "you have a good chance of never owning one". Pick your poison.
Not sure it would be that easy to manufacture in their regular toyota factories as the car is somewhat hand built in ‘cells’ as opposed to assembly lines. It’s built at motomachi for a reason and I for one am happy it is. its a bit custom made and adds to the appeal of the car. I can wait.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts