Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS, 2003 Toyota Celica GT
46 Posts
After watching that video, something that's been in the back of my mind since the release. How does a "Pre-Collision System" work in a manual? Does it just warn you to stop and not intervene or is it able to stop the vehicle like an automatic? I imagine the clutch would have to be cable operated in order for it to be able to intervene.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After watching that video, something that's been in the back of my mind since the release. How does a "Pre-Collision System" work in a manual? Does it just warn you to stop and not intervene or is it able to stop the vehicle like an automatic? I imagine the clutch would have to be cable operated in order for it to be able to intervene.
Why would you need the clutch to operate the brakes? You shouldn't be braking in neutral anyway

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
615 Posts
Why would you need the clutch to operate the brakes? You shouldn't be braking in neutral anyway
Yup, i imagine precollision applied brake and cuts throttle. If you come to complete stop, engine just stalls and dies. If it detects something severe itll prob completely cut engine off. Ive had my FR-S during auto-x spin out and even though i was clutch and brakes in, all nannies off, it still shut down.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts