Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
421 Posts
Yep, that's what I was reading also. Interesting system! Adds weight but allows you to have good acceleration and low rpm highway cruising as well.
Low RPM cruising would be awesome... Would help greatly with MPG as well, since this is still a daily for most folks.

Reactions: Guff

·
Registered
89 Posts
I will definitely miss the exhaust note on my Veloster N.
It makes the car so much more engaging, and enjoyable to drive.
The Veloster N, Elantra N, i30N have probably the sweetest exhaust notes of any 4-cylinder cars out there.
For the life of me I can't figure out why Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan etc can't come up with a good sounding active exhaust for their 4 cylinder powered cars.
The exhaust note on the Civic Type-R sounds like a vacuum cleaner, not a sports car.
If Hyundai can do it, come on Toyota, give me a great sounding GR Corolla.
From what I've heard from the press release, I won't hold my breath.
Otherwise it will mean more expense for an aftermarket exhaust.
Sadly, the GR Yaris stock exhaust note sounds really lame, like a vacuum cleaner similar to the Civic Type-R, thank goodness there's a large selection of aftermarket exhaust available.

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI
33 Posts
I will definitely miss the exhaust note on my Veloster N.
It makes the car so much more engaging, and enjoyable to drive.
The Veloster N, Elantra N, i30N have probably the sweetest exhaust notes of any 4-cylinder cars out there.
For the life of me I can't figure out why Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan etc can't come up with a good sounding active exhaust for their 4 cylinder powered cars.
The exhaust note on the Civic Type-R sounds like a vacuum cleaner, not a sports car.
If Hyundai can do it, come on Toyota, give me a great sounding GR Corolla.
From what I've heard from the press release, I won't hold my breath.
Otherwise it will mean more expense for an aftermarket exhaust.
Sadly, the GR Yaris stock exhaust note sounds really lame, like a vacuum cleaner similar to the Civic Type-R, thank goodness there's a large selection of aftermarket exhaust available.
I'm hoping that the triple exhaust setup doesn't fuck too much with the ability to find decent aftermarket options.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just came across this teaser video on Instagram with the full video coming out tomorrow of the car drifting in the dirt.

Really shocked to hear how it is sounding I was not expecting something so different to the stock GR Yaris with those pops & bangs on shifts especially

What is everyone’s thoughts ? Vid below

·
Super Moderator
666 Posts
I was sure this would have been posted already, but I guess not. (Or I overlooked it, in which case mods do your thing).

61 - 80 of 82 Posts