Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
961 - 980 of 1041 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
I have several questions now based on that last video review, which I thought was good. No fluff. I don’t want to create any useless thread on here as there are far too many currently so this thread is as good as any.

1. Is the JBL system, referred to in the latest review as “trash” really trash? I mean is there any audio people that can chime in that have the tech package and provide some feedback?

2. If you do not have the technology package, does Wireless Carplay still work or is it wired only?
I spent way too much time having my radio up way too loud, and attending concerts in my 20s for me to be considered an audiofile today. I usually turn the radio up loud enough so I don't notice my tinnitus, but can still hear the engine.

with that in mind, I have the JBL, when I got in the car and it was set to factory settings, the 'audio location' felt like it was in the dashboard, and the EQ needed a bit of help. once I got these taken care of, I felt the sound was clear and crisp in the mids and highs, but at lower volume there is no low spectrum at all. pump up the volume and the low end is there, but it just needs a bit more to push it over the edge.

wireless android auto works, I'm not going to hook my wife's iPhone up to see if it does wireless, but I'd guess it's a feature.

· Registered
146 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
The FL5 definitely runs good, that’s for sure (and if it beat the ME like that it’s going to be more than a second faster (at least) than the Core and close to a second faster than the CE. ) But the most incredible part of that comparo is seeing the new Z06 absolutely decimate the European supercars. Holy shit! Once GM ramps up and can start producing 5k+ of them a year, and prices come down to near MSRP, well, damn, enthusiasts will be able to buy a car and take it to the track, and take it to all those GT3s and GT4s and super cars! 😊

· Registered
300 Posts
Wouldn't be good if it didn't beat out the WRX its technically suppose to be in a tier below, same with the Elantra N.
The Elantra N is "pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty quick," famous words said by throttle house. It's suppose handle 2nd best to only the CTR, for a FWD, and from a roll the Elantra N DCT should right with the GRC-Me... of not, just a car behind.

Me... is that what will be the emblem on the back of Morizo? Lol.

WRX definitely on a lower tier. Elantra N is the lowest on the same tier, but much less expensive... and uuuugggglllyyy.

· Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
The Elantra N is "pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty quick," famous words said by throttle house. It's suppose handle 2nd best to only the CTR, for a FWD, and from a roll the Elantra N DCT should right with the GRC-Me... of not, just a car behind.

Me... is that what will be the emblem on the back of Morizo? Lol.

WRX definitely on a lower tier. Elantra N is the lowest on the same tier, but much less expensive... and uuuugggglllyyy.
The Elantra N (yeah not the best looking) is damn near equal performance wise to a regular GRC which is interesting for sure.

WRX per Subaru’s words is a Si competitor when people were referencing the minor power bump last year. Lmao.

I’m just curious on what qualifies the ME over the regular GRC’s in these award tests. Not really a genuine take in my opinion.

· Registered
575 Posts
I’m just curious on what qualifies the ME over the regular GRC’s in these award tests. Not really a genuine take in my opinion.
Marketing. The ME has more torque, and will produce a better lap time so the press officer assigned to RT wanted to skew it in Toyota’s favor by any means necessary hence the Morizo. Press liaison has a boss, who has a boss, who has a boss who said “Give them the Morizo in the test fleet.”

· Registered
300 Posts
The GRC ME did beat the WRX, 400Z, and Elantra N.
Wouldn't be good if it didn't beat out the WRX its technically suppose to be in a tier below, same with the Elantra N.
It's interesting that R&T used the Elantra N manual, instead of the Elantra N DCT. I was under the impression that, despite the extra 110lbs, the Elantra N DCT was the better car for the track due to the extra 20hp (although only 10hp extra without the occasional N grin shift boost). From a roll, it is 3-4car lengths faster than the manual... but, I guess only 1.5-2car lengths without the extra 10hp NGS boost. Maybe the joy of driving went into the equation in the decision of performance car of the year. I would also choose the manual over the DCT. If I'm going to buy an auto, it might as well be a camry.

· Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
It's interesting that R&T used the Elantra N manual, instead of the Elantra N DCT. I was under the impression that, despite the extra 110lbs, the Elantra N DCT was the better car for the track due to the extra 20hp (although only 10hp extra without the occasional N grin shift boost). From a roll, it is 3-4car lengths faster than the manual... but, I guess only 1.5-2car lengths without the extra 10hp NGS boost. Maybe the joy of driving went into the equation in the decision of performance car of the year. I would also choose the manual over the DCT. If I'm going to buy an auto, it might as well be a camry.
A similar thing happened during throttle house’s review on the cars. A lot of people wanted to see the DCT vs the Golf R and GRC

· Registered
1,752 Posts
So if I understand correctly, they're only functional on the circuit and morizo editions? Is there just solid plastic beneath the vent openings on the core? Still haven't seen one in person
The fender liner just bocks all air passing through but the piece itself is not blocked off as in plastic built into the mold

· Registered
39 Posts
Need owners to verify. This was confusing me and as I understand it, the visible fender vent is functional to vent the engine bay and what is not functional is additional vent to vent the front wheel well, which isnt readily visible

· Registered
1,752 Posts
Need owners to verify. This was confusing me and as I understand it, the visible fender vent is functional to vent the engine bay and what is not functional is additional vent to vent the front wheel well, which isnt readily visible
Lol this is a touch confusing to read the only event that is not functional is the one on the fender just below the side, you mirror, however, the vent itself is open into the area behind the fender lining

961 - 980 of 1041 Posts