Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
661 - 680 of 683 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I mean sure, but then again we have plenty of threads where people thought it was gonna be a hardcore rally car, but those people have been gone for awhile now. People in the media prior to reviews also said the car should be good because they heard the Yaris is great and it shares powertrains. 😂

You also have Toyota doing this:
The GRY isn’t good for rallying either. Neither the GRY or GRC are setup for “rally” work. It doesn’t have the ground clearance or rally prep to make that happen. At least people in the Subaru community understand rally inspired and that it isn’t a rally car.

Oh well, more people that will leave the lists and decrease demand.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru WRX / 2022 4Runner
49 Posts
The GRY isn’t good for rallying either. Neither the GRY or GRC are setup for “rally” work. It doesn’t have the ground clearance or rally prep to make that happen. At least people in the Subaru community understand rally inspired and that it isn’t a rally car.

Oh well, more people that will leave the lists and decrease demand.
I'm debating on lifting my GRC like my wrx and doing rallycross :p

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Wheel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol Savageese call all no option cars poverty spec, they weren’t poking fun at the the core GRC. I’ve heard them call a no option M3 poverty spec.

I can’t wait to see what extra power and an adjustable rear sway do to this car. I loved being able to throttle lift and power oversteer in my stage 2 STi!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lol Savageese call all no option cars poverty spec, they weren’t poking fun at the the core GRC. I’ve heard them call a no option M3 poverty spec.

I can’t wait to see what extra power and an adjustable rear sway do to this car. I loved being able to throttle lift and power oversteer in my stage 2 STi!
Exactly. Drives me insane how much that exact wording irked me. YEA ITS THE BASE OF BASE! SPECS!!! POVERTY! Yea for $40k lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
"DougScore" is completely arbitrary and equally useless in my opinion.
It's just what he does. There is some usefulness to it even if some of it is just opinion.

Here's the rankings for every car he's ever reviewed which is quite a lot at this point. GR Corolla isn't on there yet though. Must've leaked in that video.

DougScore — Doug DeMuro

661 - 680 of 683 Posts