Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 60 of 388 Posts

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
Raiti also claims the brakes are different between the CE/ME and core. The only difference is the paint. Also claims 295lb TQ for CE and ME, thought that was ME only. Claims it is due to an increase in boost by 1lb.
He did mention Nov release for the core. Early November maybe?

The build calculator is still not up on Toyota.com.

·
Registered
15 WRX, 15 Sienna, 23 GR86
17 Posts
Raiti also claims the brakes are different between the CE/ME and core. The only difference is the paint. Also claims 295lb TQ for CE and ME, thought that was ME only. Claims it is due to an increase in boost by 1lb.
He did mention Nov release for the core. Early November maybe?

The build calculator is still not up on Toyota.com.
Zonk, Zonk... Zonk redemption?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hmmm, I've watched the big 4 and didn't get that vibe? I know TH demonstrated how it can't outdig or pull on the R, but were content with the overall performance? Let me know which ones you picked it up in pls!
Probably has to do with lower ambient temps and elevation for TH in Ontario vs everyone else in Utah.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems everyone is underwhelmed with the power, they're just not saying it explicitly
Well I think people were expecting it to be wilder, like its GRC homologation brother. People expected the 70/30 to result in more back slide and I think a stiffer ride as well. SG mentioned that it was softer with more body roll than expected. I'm not sure if they also expected more powa baby.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmmm, I've watched the big 4 and didn't get that vibe? I know TH demonstrated how it can't outdig or pull on the R, but were content with the overall performance? Let me know which ones you picked it up in pls!
I don't remember specifically, but there were multiple "it's not too fast but it has enough power to make it enjoyable" comments. I'd be surprised if it traps over 100-102 in reviews

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't remember specifically, but there were multiple "it's not too fast but it has enough power to make it enjoyable" comments. I'd be surprised if it traps over 100-102 in reviews
In Throttle House's video it slightly beat the WRX STI and was right on the tail of the Golf R in their drag race. I'd say that's plenty of power considering the segment.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
In Throttle House's video it slightly beat the WRX STI and was right on the tail of the Golf R in their drag race. I'd say that's plenty of power considering the segment.
And that was the CE. The ME is lighter by 100lbs, so maybe a different result? But then again the gear ratios are also different and more suited for track vs straightline racing.

41 - 60 of 388 Posts