Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 372 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
Yeah but the problem is that the golf R has no volume dial, which makes no sense in and of itself. Am I really okay with deciding the vehicle with haptic controls "makes sense to me"? 😵
What I mean yeah but that where you ask yourself if the price offset can justify haptics, especially since they perform similar

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
I mean subaru killed the STI, but they might've canceled it out of fear of splitting the market with the GRC this year.
That’s already been talked about. STI was cancelled for this generations due to changing emissions. They damn near had it ready before axing it. Lol.

@Wynorrific, who works for Subaru called it before it was made official.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Was reading on Jason Camisa? on IG he droned on how the 3 cylinder is dead before boost. And how stiff the suspension was. Also how the shifter feels "ropey" whatever that means, AND of course complained about the prices.

Please don't troll about how: IT IS WHAT IT IS! I get it. We all want to justify the price and continue to want to pay top dollar for such a "special car". More curious about that shifter feel though.

·
Registered
15 WRX, 15 Sienna, 23 GR86
14 Posts
The Drive. Funny, I was just talking about Kristen Lee in some other post here

Notable to me is how much praise the shifter gets here. Seems to be a common theme. This is a big thing for me, especially considering how I'm leaning toward the Type R whose shifting chops speak for themselves.

The Everyday Driver guys ragged on the seats not being adequate for track duty. She was pretty happy with them, but is also really small so...

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
The Drive. Funny, I was just talking about Kristen Lee in some other post here

Notable to me is how much praise the shifter gets here. Seems to be a common theme. This is a big thing for me, especially considering how I'm leaning toward the Type R whose shifting chops speak for themselves.

The Everyday Driver guys ragged on the seats not being adequate for track duty. She was pretty happy with them, but is also really small so...
Yeah but even on the throttle house review, they kind of expect the new Type R to be “better”

I think the car falls exactly where I thought it would, great option on the market.

·
Registered
2016 Taco; 2022 Telluride
25 Posts
really sad to see the circuit priced above the golf here in Canada :( I was so dang excited for this car but the golf is cheaper with a nicer interior. I feel myself slipping away. Someone, pull me back quickly!
I'm lucky that i am OK with a Core because that would be a really hard decision for me too. The softer ride with a DSG is so tempting for a daily driver but for me it is a several thousand dollar difference. Another consideration though for me is that i plan to modify the car myself and I feel way more comfortable wrenching on a Toyota than a VW. Maybe my perception is off though. I have no experience with either but another angle that up until now i hadn't considered.

21 - 40 of 372 Posts