Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
341 - 360 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Joke all you want but it's ridiculous that we get one fewer cylinder and it's more expensive. Should be 3/4 the price
How do you figure that? And I was being serious, wasn’t joking. I thought I’d missed some news about an AWD version or something. So people compare interiors but not drive systems? I don’t understand that. AWD costs more money. Diffs cost even more money.

Cylinders do not matter either. The G16 delivers 300 HP. And can handle 500 whp in the aftermarket before the HG starts to lift. That’s a stout 3 cylinder. 3 cylinders mean it’s also a very compact engine which has big handling benefits on the front end. This was the case for the GRY and now the GRC also.

3/4 the price? So you think it should be 30k for the car, as a base? That’s crazy since it’s an all new car for our market and it’s being made in a world wide supply shortage where parts, chips, everything is at a premium price. No pandemic, yeah I’d bet $4k cheaper across all trims. All prices are up. I just read where the Mustang GT is up like 8k for this FMC.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Elantra N interior is much nicer, but I just can't get around the display screen to the left of the steering wheel. The screen that displays a circle that does nothing and serves no purpose at all. What the hell is that about?
Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Something old, I hope to be upgraded to something newer
130 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
289 Posts
The Elantra N interior is much nicer, but I just can't get around the display screen to the left of the steering wheel. The screen that displays a circle that does nothing and serves no purpose at all. What the hell is that about? View attachment 3696
Oh man, every time I’ve looked at an interior shot I’ve thought that was an air vent. I see it now though 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
85 Posts
brave of you to bring up the armrest issue again, the fanboys in here are going to come roast you for being a soft beta male. How dare you expect a basic creature comfort in a $40,000 hatchback? Don't you care about your lap times? An armrest will make it slower than Golf R around a track...

There it is!!!!! CRUCIFY ME BABY!!! I am such a wuss!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Elantra N interior is much nicer, but I just can't get around the display screen to the left of the steering wheel. The screen that displays a circle that does nothing and serves no purpose at all. What the hell is that about?
It's a big goofy drive mode button in the N-Line cars that came before it. They should've put more screen there, a clock, or something. It does look stupid.
Car Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Personal luxury car

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's a big goofy drive mode button in the N-Line cars that came before it. They should've put more screen there, a clock, or something. It does look stupid.
View attachment 3709

MMmmmMMM nice and shiny piano black! Love all the dust particles and scratches it gets!!!

Side note, trying to hatch a plan to address the stupid piano black inside the GRC! I know know! im such nit picker with the interior!!! Not like I want it to last awhile and not get ruined with said scratches.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Elantra's interior looks like it's more expensive than the Corolla's interior, but when you start touching it, it feels cheaper than the Corolla's interior. Toyota just doesn't do fancy looks for the interiors of their normal cars, always tend to focus on making it simple, well built and easy to use.

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
251 Posts
MMmmmMMM nice and shiny piano black! Love all the dust particles and scratches it gets!!!

Side note, trying to hatch a plan to address the stupid piano black inside the GRC! I know know! im such nit picker with the interior!!! Not like I want it to last awhile and not get ruined with said scratches.
My solution for the ‘21 Corolla XSE is to put a micro fiber cloth in the glove and just wipe things down every once in awhile. Hopes this works for you.

341 - 360 of 371 Posts