Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
321 - 340 of 439 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
They back peddled on dual climate control too which is a bummer. It really seems like we're just paying for the bespoke AWD system at this point. The interior is pretty cheap looking. Since I'm in the South and don't need AWD the Elantra N keeps getting more and more appealing despite its ugliness. If the Elantra had adaptive cruise control and those 2.0 engines didn't have a history of failing I would've jumped ship by now.
Im still super excited for the car, still going to get one, still going to be very happy with it, but is it too much to ask for anything nice that you have to sit in and stare at EVERYDAY? It really does remind me as the spiritual successor to my 2013 WRX. And anyone who ever has been in one of those, knows the interior was absolutely barging bin ecno shitbox hard plastic. And it also didn't have an armrest. It had one for storage, but not for leaning on.

Also that car was $27k in 2013 brand new. I know its been 10 years and all...

·
Registered
27 Posts
just buy an aftermarket interior if you don't like it 🤷‍♂️
I just feel like they have the weakest interior in the segment. Look at the Elantra N vs the GRC. The Elantra is way nicer IMO and it's $4k less.
Speedometer Vehicle Car Gear shift Trip computer
Car Vehicle Mirror Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im still super excited for the car, still going to get one, still going to be very happy with it, but is it too much to ask for anything nice that you have to sit in and stare at EVERYDAY? It really does remind me as the spiritual successor to my 2013 WRX. And anyone who ever has been in one of those, knows the interior was absolutely barging bin ecno shitbox hard plastic. And it also didn't have an armrest. It had one for storage, but not for leaning on.

Also that car was $27k in 2013 brand new. I know its been 10 years and all...
My sentiments exactly. I know it's a Corolla and not a Lexus, but for $40k for the spec I'd settle with I expect a nicer interior. I still plan to get one and I'm super excited, but I still wish it was a bit better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just feel like they have the weakest interior in the segment. Look at the Elantra N vs the GRC. The Elantra is way nicer IMO and it's $4k less.
View attachment 3690 View attachment 3691
Yes it's nicer but i want reliability, i will not drop 32K on a car that will only last 10 years.

ngl tho the GR infotainment looks like an old cheap RCA tablet from the 00s

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes it's nicer but i want reliability, i will not drop 32K on a car that will only last 10 years.

ngl tho the GR infotainment looks like an old cheap RCA tablet from the 00s
Yeah, as I said previously, if I knew the Elantra wouldn't blow up in 10 years I'd be pretty much sold. Their track record isn't great and I think they know that, hence the great pricing.
The exhaust on that thing is amazing with its pops and bangs. Good tuning overhead too.
Toyota reliability and resale value is one of the biggest things keeping me on this ship.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, as I said previously, if I knew the Elantra wouldn't blow up in 10 years I'd be pretty much sold. Their track record isn't great and I think they know that, hence the great pricing.
The exhaust on that thing is amazing with its pops and bangs. Good tuning overhead too.
Toyota reliability and resale value is one of the biggest things keeping me on this ship.

Completely agreed. My 2020 tacoma is the most basic of basic interiors. But its functional and HAS AN ARMREST! And has apple car play. So it does the job. Never gonna win any comfortability awards ever though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Completely agreed. My 2020 tacoma is the most basic of basic interiors. But its functional and HAS AN ARMREST! And has apple car play. So it does the job. Never gonna win any comfortability awards ever though.
brave of you to bring up the armrest issue again, the fanboys in here are going to come roast you for being a soft beta male. How dare you expect a basic creature comfort in a $40,000 hatchback? Don't you care about your lap times? An armrest will make it slower than Golf R around a track...

·
Registered
80 Posts
He even posted a negative video about the GR when pricing was revealed with the wording ”as much as $50K!” So yeah he’s a poop to us and I can only speculate as to why. None of the other youtubers complained about anything, Kirk was invited to all the events….Kirk just decided to be a poop to us after some info was leaked that sort of divulged what the entire year’s line-up would look like for new Toyota vehicle releases. My guess is that he was upset that the opportunity for him to get views from future speculation videos was reduced, but everyone else continued to make speculation videos, so seems kind of childish to me. Sad for me because he was, literally, my main go-to before, but I unsubscribed when he started this weird behavior.
Don't know about using Kirk as a primary source for car information as he runs down his rabbit holes into his spreadsheets and wish list pretty often. Basically was entirely wrong about the Integra the whole way pushing for SH-AWD, DCT and a bunch of other features since he just wanted rely on his wish list instead of what's practical and available pushing for more videos and views I'm guessing. He was disenfranchised to the GR Corolla simply because the marketing story got spoiled/leaked when he's in the business of leaks. It's all pretty childish but on brand for most of the youtube 'news' sources that rely on rumorville and 'what ifs' instead of car in hand. He is becoming well known enough though from the marketing departments to have a constant flow of marketing cars in his garage which take it or leave it if you like his review style. But swinging this back to the GR Corolla he did state he's slated to get one of those marketing vehicles for his personal testing whenever that comes around.

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
252 Posts
Don't know about using Kirk as a primary source for car information as he runs down his rabbit holes into his spreadsheets and wish list pretty often. Basically was entirely wrong about the Integra the whole way pushing for SH-AWD, DCT and a bunch of other features since he just wanted rely on his wish list instead of what's practical and available pushing for more videos and views I'm guessing. He was disenfranchised to the GR Corolla simply because the marketing story got spoiled/leaked when he's in the business of leaks. It's all pretty childish but on brand for most of the youtube 'news' sources that rely on rumorville and 'what ifs' instead of car in hand. He is becoming well known enough though from the marketing departments to have a constant flow of marketing cars in his garage which take it or leave it if you like his review style. But swinging this back to the GR Corolla he did state he's slated to get one of those marketing vehicles for his personal testing whenever that comes around.
I wish I still cared, but I think his review and opinions of it would be highly bias at this point. He’s demonstrated that his previously trustworthy, hype-free impressions are worthless now. He indicated such a high level of bias by passing on his disdain for a situation to his innocent, loyal viewers that I really don’t trust his opinion at all anymore.

321 - 340 of 439 Posts