Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I’m also curious because raiti is talking about some weird price changes. I’m guessing this way made at the same time or earlier than the pricing video but he says the performance pack is a 2k option not the 1100 ish we all saw

·
Registered
517 Posts
I’m not trying to ruffle feathers by any means. I’m just offering a healthy spoon of reality. This class of car nothing has ever “ripped” in a straight line. Not the STi, EVO, RS, or even the Golf R with the 6MT with the caveat being the Mk7, 7.5, or 8 R with the DSG. Now you could give that a “rip” badge, maybe. But a high HP RWD car will still probably smack it in a straight line if highway pulls are your goal. And the new CTR will probably win against the GRC in a straight line also. In fact if that’s what you’re after the CTR is gonna be there for you so everyone has options.

I like the all weather performance and prefer it to RWD or FWD though. And the aftermarket will be there for this car in due time. Reliable 350, 375, and 400 whp will be achievable for those of us who enjoy making the cars our own and getting the most of them. My STi was not fast stock. But once it was stage 2 Cobb with TBE, intake and EBCS, it definitely “ripped”. I expect the same for the GRC. Getting the car to market is just half the battle. The more enjoyable portion of this entire thing is modifying it and getting acceleration, braking, and turning how I want it to. Bolts and tune will take care of acceleration. Sways and dampers will get it more oversteer prone as it’s obvious from the reviews the car was setup for safety just like the GRY.

Good times to come friends.
Lmao it also “ripped” the reliability to pieces

·
Registered
517 Posts
For sure. A core with good suspension and tires will get to 90-95% of what the Morizo is. There are a few things that can't be replicated (welds, adhesive, EPS tuning) but in the end it's negligible. Everyone buying a core will be very pleased with it.
In your opinion after driving all three models do you think it’s worth getting a core with the packages or waiting and potentially not getting a circuit addition? if you’re also like me, and plan on modifying the car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts