Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
615 Posts
I do probably want to add the caveat that while I'll take the car out to Rally Cross, unless I come across an absurd windfall of money, I won't be able to send the car to stage rally, as that requires a full strip and cage, fire suppression, tow vehicle, etc.
Yup, that takes a pretty serious commitment. We dont have any here anyway, and actually rally cross is kinda in a toss up here. Our courses are/were pretty rough so i would want skid plates at minimum. A lift and 15” rims would be good too. I prob wouldnt beat as hard on it as the fx, but once i get on course its hard for me to hold back.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
615 Posts
It has convinced me that i cant watch more of Raitis rides. I gave it a chance and cant stomach him, i feel like im watching an infomercial, and i dont know if there was a single one where he didnt get some spec wrong.
Wading through them, i get thatv it has hit the mark of a good daily driver performance car.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think for the steering, I noticed when one of the reviewers dug into the infotainment screen there was a page to adjust the "powertrain", "steering", and "Air Conditioning". The powertrain I believe had a sport, normal, and eco modes and I think the steering had a normal and sport modes? Sorry I'm still trying to absorb all of the videos I watched the past couple days. I think they did say though that the sport did weight up the steering.
Yup, it fiddles with the electric power steering.
They also said it tweaks the throttle response.
There are advantages to all the electronic bits of p/s and throttle by wire,

·
Registered
615 Posts
There have been a couple videos so far, if you can read between the lines GRC > 86/Supra because 100% Toyota. The message is already there if you can find it. I’m sure his will make this easier for folks. I’m stoked to be getting this car.
Eagerly waiting! Yes im a brand loyalist. I currently own a FR-S and its a awesome driving car. Friend has a Supra on order coming from a M Coupe also a great driving car. But im eagerly waiting my chance at a GRC as its all Toyota!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hmm. It might be comparable to the GRY. We don't know yet because there aren't many reviews directly comparing. Also expect it to feel a bit different than the GRY due to wheelbase and lower power to weight.

I still want one. There's nothing else like it tbh.

Honestly, if Toyota was going to do something completely radical, I'd expect a rear engine, mostly rwd car in the form of the MR2 or something. I'd love to see this layout flipped so the car is rwd (0:100) when disconnected from the front and then awd (50:50) when the clutch pack is slipping. That would be truly interesting.
Thats actually a pretty novel idea, a MA2! Considering the MR2 was basically the FX16 Corolla drivetrain in the back, that would be like a nod to heritage!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts