Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
301 - 320 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pricing is definitely more on the "acceptable" side for the Core in Canada. I've only seen it confirmed that we get the LSDs and heated seats so far, so really only half the cold weather package, and TBD whether we get the upgraded brakes too. The LSDs and heated seats were all I REALLY wanted, but the price is a little higher than I was hoping for given the few options included.

Circuit edition and Morizo edition pricing is wack though.
I agree, it’s an acceptable price for the Core but maybe a few thousand higher than I expected. I tend to think the Circuit is overprice. Glad I chose the Core on the weekend. Only thing I will want to swap out is the mate grills for gloss. No idea what that will entail.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree, it’s an acceptable price for the Core but maybe a few thousand higher than I expected. I tend to think the Circuit is overprice. Glad I chose the Core on the weekend. Only thing I will want to swap out is the mate grills for gloss. No idea what that will entail.
Even though the CE is priced pretty high do you think that it will have a better ROI when it eventually comes down to selling it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Even though the CE is priced pretty high do you think that it will have a better ROI when it eventually comes down to selling it?
Perhaps but personally I could care less. No plans to sell my GR once I get it. The Core will drive exactly the same as the Circuit. No one will feel the slight weight reduction in the CF roof. It’s all cosmetic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you baby it and keep it low mileage, absolutely.

But personally I plan on daily driving the car and keeping it for a really long time so I think the difference in ROI will be negligible given the mileage/condition it'll be in whenever I sell (if I ever sell haha).

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
361 Posts
It seems like it'd be hard to actually be up by more than the difference when you sell. $8k more for the CE, plus tax is $9k. After 5 years in something safe at 3% is $10,500. So you'd be guessing that the CE will be worth at least $11k more than a Core if you sell in 5 years. The longer you own it the larger the gap needs to be, while the value of the cars themselves is depreciating.

That's assuming you paid cash. If you financed it's even more. Also the Morizo existing may somewhat reduce the desireability of the CE down the road. Not to mention whatever editions come out in future years.

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
252 Posts
It seems like it'd be hard to actually be up by more than the difference when you sell. $8k more for the CE, plus tax is $9k. After 5 years in something safe at 3% is $10,500. So you'd be guessing that the CE will be worth at least $11k more than a Core if you sell in 5 years. The longer you own it the larger the gap needs to be, while the value of the cars themselves is depreciating.

That's assuming you paid cash. If you financed it's even more. Also the Morizo existing may somewhat reduce the desireability of the CE down the road. Not to mention whatever editions come out in future years.
Yeah, that’s one of my concerns with the CE. The launch edition Supra guys paid ADMs, then the horsepower was increased on the following model year. If they do that to the 2024 limited model (give it the Moriizo torque boost) then CEs won’t hold their value as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any idea if these prices include delivery, destination fees? I assume no.
I don’t know but I would assume the same. Prices are likely just msrp, then add all the rest of the bs fees.

I would never buy a car planning for ROI. History tells us cars are depreciating assets and “special editions” are rarely special. The real special cars are often ones few folks thought to buy new, making them rare.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You will have better ROI just dumping $40k , $50k on S&P500

At least you don't have to pay anything or stress about having a garage queen

Want to be able to drive around an investment that goes 🚀📈? I'd suggest chatting up with some Porsche owners... and they can definitely tell you if certain cars a good investments vs the stress of keeping one around, and if they would do it all over again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Based on the news release:

Toyota Canada comes and strike again with their "affordable" pricing! Canadians are getting shafted as the spread between USD and CAD and the various editions. $8K for the CE when it is mostly cosmetic, no one will ever be able to sell the CE for $8K more even in 6 years. Since these are allocated and not going to be factory ordered, I guess our choices of options are NIL. The only good thing is LSD is included.

I guess this will sway me towards the 2023+ CTR with better interior and cargo space.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, Canadian Core is half of every package, for Golf R price.
Performance pack: LSD, but no red calipers
Weather pack: Heated seats, but no heated steering wheel
Tech pack: Wireless charging, but no 8 JBL speakers (has 6 regulars)
“Is basically” not “is exactly”
Painted calipers should never be a part of a package that costs extra.Heated steering wheel wasnt mentioned so who knows that story (A-la-carte?). Golf R is $2k more.
Until Toyota releases all build/spec options it’s all speculation. Even the American specs aren’t necessarily accurate for Canada.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I guess this will sway me towards the 2023+ CTR with better interior and cargo space.
I'm pretty sure the 2023+ CTR is going to be harder to get than the GRC and will be $50k CAD or more.

2021 CTR was $46,200 CAD, factor in 2 years of inflation and add on increase for shiny new things... 4k+ increase doesn't sound too wild to me. We'll have to wait and see though.

·
Super Moderator
2,499 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 2023+ CTR is going to be harder to get than the GRC and will be $50k CAD or more.

2021 CTR was $46,200 CAD, factor in 2 years of inflation and add on increase for shiny new things... 4k+ increase doesn't sound too wild to me. We'll have to wait and see though.
It’ll likely be the same.

you essentially have 2 long ass wait lines at the Fair for 2 different rides. Just depends on which line you want to wait in.

·
Registered
55 Posts

I am also expecting a recession given we just got another 0.75% hike. I bet many will have to make a decision between cars vs. debts. I suspect there will be a bunch of "casual" drop outs.

I am not in a rush to get any car, I can play the wait game. As Canadians, we still have until 2035 to buy our last "legendary" ICE car.

Unless you REALLY REALLY love your cars, I still have a hard time convincing myself I would be getting a $50k Corolla!!! I already am driving one, so is this really an "upgrade"?

·
Registered
2022 Tundra, 2022 718 Spyder, 1994 Honda Civic Coupe
27 Posts
You will have better ROI just dumping $40k , $50k on S&P500

At least you don't have to pay anything or stress about having a garage queen

Want to be able to drive around an investment that goes 🚀📈? I'd suggest chatting up with some Porsche owners... and they can definitely tell you if certain cars a good investments vs the stress of keeping one around, and if they would do it all over again.
I just buy cars to drive, not to look at 😂 (Awesome residual value is a perk, but definitely not a requirement, not for me at least)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am also expecting a recession given we just got another 0.75% hike. I bet many will have to make a decision between cars vs. debts. I suspect there will be a bunch of "casual" drop outs.

I am not in a rush to get any car, I can play the wait game. As Canadians, we still have until 2035 to buy our last "legendary" ICE car.

Unless you REALLY REALLY love your cars, I still have a hard time convincing myself I would be getting a $50k Corolla!!! I already am driving one, so is this really an "upgrade"?
I totally agree, although the same argument could be made with the $50k Civic.

In the end I think the Civic Type R interior is a big step up from the Core GR Corolla that it justifies a (potential) $4k-ish premium. I don't feel like the Circuit edition justifies a $8k premium over the Core model.

I also think that we'll see a lot of ICE car options dwindle out before the 2035 deadline.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I totally agree, although the same argument could be made with the $50k Civic.

In the end I think the Civic Type R interior is a big step up from the Core GR Corolla that it justifies a (potential) $4k-ish premium. I don't feel like the Circuit edition justifies a $8k premium over the Core model.

I also think that we'll see a lot of ICE car options dwindle out before the 2035 deadline.
8.5k+tx, that's almost 10k...

301 - 320 of 353 Posts