Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
601 - 610 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
257 Posts
I prefer the cheaper, less ammenty interiors but still good quality(looking at you FCA).
The difference in interior quality between my old 07 Grand Cherokee and my wifes 07 Rav4 is crazy. Especially since the Jeep was supposed to be a somewhat more premium model. The plastics felt terrible, the button backlights on the dash were teal but the ones on the doors and mirror were green, etc. The most obvious difference was shutting the door. The whump from the Toyota just sounded much more solid.

I drove a Porsche Panamera a few years back and maybe I'm just too much of a pleb but while I know it's very nice, the leap from a nicer normal car to a high end car wasn't very noticeable to me in terms of interior finish. What I did notice was that everything was incredibly well laid out. Everything used real buttons (this was back before everything became a touchscreen), everything was where you expected it to be and easy to find.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
The difference in interior quality between my old 07 Grand Cherokee and my wifes 07 Rav4 is crazy. Especially since the Jeep was supposed to be a somewhat more premium model. The plastics felt terrible, the button backlights on the dash were teal but the ones on the doors and mirror were green, etc. The most obvious difference was shutting the door. The whump from the Toyota just sounded much more solid.
Toyota has some pretty good sounding door closes

·
Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
I see nothing wrong with this. I've driven plenty of high end cars but they just don't do it for me. I prefer the cheaper, less ammenty interiors but still good quality(looking at you FCA). I'd say my IS is that perfect balance between tin can and permium for me
Minimalism is underrated. Something feels good about hopping in the tiny truck and shifting gears on the way to work.

Maybe because I'm driving flat out the whole way just to keep up with traffic. 😂

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had a random thought whilst sitting waiting to get my hair cut. Why can’t manufacturers simply take the “S” out of MSRP, and give Manufacturers Retail Price? This is already done by companies like Arizona where they make retailers sell the cans for 99 cents. We still wouldn’t be purchasing from the manufacturer. And the manufacturer could still offer rebates off of their retail price.

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
When I was talking about interior quality guys, I’m talking about compared to its competitors.

Personally the Corolla interior is nice, but the Civic’s interior is more upscale. That’s been widely accepted so when I say some reviewers will eventually say “well there’s better interior quality cars in the segment.” That’s mainly what I was talking about. Lol.

·
Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
I guess this is more technology than interior, but I'm glad to see Toyota finally make a huge step forward in infotainment. For so many years Toyota/Lexus has dropped the ball with systems that are slow and not intuitive.

The move to wireless Android Auto/Apple Car Play along with the snappiness of new tech makes the car age a lot better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had a random thought whilst sitting waiting to get my hair cut. Why can’t manufacturers simply take the “S” out of MSRP, and give Manufacturers Retail Price? This is already done by companies like Arizona where they make retailers sell the cans for 99 cents.
1) It’s illegal to set sales prices *
2) Not everyone sells Arizona tea for 99 cents (though many, many do).
3) Dealers can make extra money with floor mats, pinstripes, Scotchguard, advertising fees, paperwork fees, etc.

* Though there are work arounds to encourage compliance - Ford is doing that to mixed success on the Bronco and Lightning, Bose has done it for years with advertising co-funds and MAPs (Minimum Advertised Prices).

·
Registered
33 Posts
For a daily driver, I actually prefer a more toyota-ish interior so I don't feel guilty if I spill something or if it doesn't look flawless all the time, because I'm a neat freak.
I had an Audi Q8 and maintaining the interior of that vehicle was a huge pain in the buttocks.
That said, Honda interiors are generally better quality than Toyota, but Toyota is better at everything else.

601 - 610 of 610 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.