Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
581 - 600 of 610 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
If only a certain company would stop teasing us and just tell us what this damn car is gonna cost. Lol.
It’s true though, it’s kind of the last big thing we’re waiting on.

Real first drives are another one but we honestly don’t know if people will say it’s good because of hype or they genuinely like the car. Lol. Usually after the media event people tend to either change their minds or start dialing back some things they said. (Historically for other Toyota products)

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts
It’s true though, it’s kind of the last big thing we’re waiting on.

Real first drives are another one but we honestly don’t know if people will say it’s good because of hype or they genuinely like the car. Lol. Usually after the media event people tend to either change their minds or start dialing back some things they said. (Historically for other Toyota products)
My hopes are pretty high for that. I think the GRC is not going to dissappoint. Its as close (well, the ME) as we’ll get to the GRY and i think GR put a lot of work into it to be as such. We all know the GRY is pretty much universally raved about driving wise. And theyve had some time since to work out some of the criticisms. Im pretty sure its not going to suffer the often sited visibility and seating of the GRY. The GRC aero might not be as good though given the Corolla roofline. Its bigger footprint will likely affect how it feels though, some good, some not.

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
My hopes are pretty high for that. I think the GRC is not going to dissappoint. Its as close (well, the ME) as we’ll get to the GRY and i think GR put a lot of work into it to be as such. We all know the GRY is pretty much universally raved about driving wise. And theyve had some time since to work out some of the criticisms. Im pretty sure its not going to suffer the often sited visibility and seating of the GRY. The GRC aero might not be as good though given the Corolla roofline. Its bigger footprint will likely affect how it feels though, some good, some not.
The car will be great but a lot of us in here already expected the car to be exactly what it is. A competitor in the hot hatch segment that offers AWD, the ability to change power bias, and a turbo 3 cylinder.

I just think some YouTubers and others over-exaggerate the car. Saying it’ll ruin the sports car segment or this is something we haven’t seen before. 😂

Some of those people will drive the car, feel certain weaknesses (understeer, interior quality etc. stuff they would hate on any other car) and just think “well the Yaris must have similar characteristics, so this must be how it’s suppose to be. So it’s great.” Then a year later talk about how it’s just a Toyota STI or it’s good but there’s other good options, quality wise.

I already saw in some ride alongs videos where a certain person overhyped it, then said well… it would be a good daily.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think a lot of complaints about the car are going to be about the fit and finish. It is a Corolla, after all.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
I think a lot of complaints about the car are going to be about the fit and finish. It is a Corolla, after all.
Exactly. People are always expecting these special cheaper cars to have amazing interiors but the fact is it's just a hot Corolla. Yes there are some nicer materials but it's still based on a cheap, compact car. I think if you expect Corolla, you won't be disappointed. If you expect VW/Audi interior, you will be very disheartened

·
Super Moderator
537 Posts
Exactly. People are always expecting these special cheaper cars to have amazing interiors but the fact is it's just a hot Corolla. Yes there are some nicer materials but it's still based on a cheap, compact car. I think if you expect Corolla, you won't be disappointed. If you expect VW/Audi interior, you will be very disheartened
Anyone coming from a FoST/RS should have proper expectations. I love this car, but man is this interior just a Focus with a factory boost gauge... Lol

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
Anyone coming from a FoST/RS should have proper expectations. I love this car, but man is this interior just a Focus with a factory boost gauge... Lol
I drive an FJ so my expectations and wants aren't high 😂 (not that the FJ has a bad interior of course but it's all hard plastics)

Reactions: Jeonsa

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
253 Posts
Yeah need a true driver review. Locally there was one guy here i would trust, one of top scca drivers here who could jump into any vehicle and wring out its top performance.
SavageGeese wya

I drive an FJ so my expectations and wants aren't high 😂 (not that the FJ has a bad interior of course but it's all hard plastics)
Idk man the FJ's interior is wild :LOL: not why I bought it, but it definitely took me awhile to get used to lol

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
SavageGeese wya

Idk man the FJ's interior is wild :LOL: not why I bought it, but it definitely took me awhile to get used to lol
Don't get me wrong, I love it. I wouldn't change a thing about the FJ's interior but given that, I'm not really picky about interior stuff

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
SavageGeese wya
He just had a Q/A.

Jack was talking about how he loves to go sideways and the drivers told him that in sport mode it’s more twitchy so he’s excited/hopeful. (While talking about how much he loves the new blackwing and how he can go sideways)

Then Mark (SavageGeese) outright replied with the car being fine but it is a FWD based AWD system/platform, so it will have similar characteristics with a few tricks. 😂

A lot of people got mad but he was being honest.

·
Super Moderator
537 Posts
He just had a Q/A.

Jack was talking about how he loves to go sideways and the drivers told him that in sport mode it’s more twitchy so he’s excited/hopeful. (While talking about how much he loves the new blackwing and how he can go sideways)

Then Mark (SavageGeese) outright replied with the car being fine but it is a FWD based AWD system/platform, so it will have similar characteristics with a few tricks. 😂

A lot of people got mad but he was being honest.
Where is this Q/A?

Reactions: Jeonsa

·
Registered
1991 Mustang GT, 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback
49 Posts
This is where having a 12 year old base model Versa with roll up windows and the only optioned add on was an auto trans really starts to shine. The GRC is gonna feel absolutely premium to me. My other car is also a half gutted 30 year old muscle car so my bar for squeaks, rattles and general QC is already pretty low. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
Any interior will be better than my daily. My Honda Acty is essentially a glorified tin can. 😂 View attachment 2424
I see nothing wrong with this. I've driven plenty of high end cars but they just don't do it for me. I prefer the cheaper, less ammenty interiors but still good quality(looking at you FCA). I'd say my IS is that perfect balance between tin can and permium for me

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts
I dont want an Audi interior. I want a well laid out interior with quick and clear to use controls. My FR-S is hardly luxurious, but the interior layout is great. The audio is ugly, but functional as is climate controls. Everything falls easily into hand, can be operated without looking. The seats are great. Fit and finish is ok. Some of dash is warping. I really like that I can truly operate everything by feel and memory. Not a single touch screen.

581 - 600 of 610 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.