Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
561 - 580 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
189 Posts
PPF! Kinda hoping I just end up with a loaded core, I REALLY don't want to feel pressured to PPF an entire sub-$50k hatchback :LOL:
I’m gonna take note of the other half’s Subaru and cover my GRC in PPF in all the places she has rock chips 😂

·
Super Moderator
537 Posts
A fully loaded core might approach that price. But a core with just the PP will not.
My dealer suspects it'll be in the mid-low 30s for the base and mid 40s for the Circuit/Morizo. Him and his brother have owned and operated a Toyota dealership for 40+ years, and said that Yota has always striven to be cheaper than the alternative.

I don't know how much I believe him, but if he's even close to correct, I'll be happy. Depending on how my job situation works out over the next few months, I might even try for a Morizo or Circuit at 42-ish.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My dealer suspects it'll be in the mid-low 30s for the base and mid 40s for the Circuit/Morizo. Him and his brother have owned and operated a Toyota dealership for 40+ years, and said that Yota has always striven to be cheaper than the alternative.

I don't know how much I believe him, but if he's even close to correct, I'll be happy. Depending on how my job situation works out over the next few months, I might even try for a Morizo or Circuit at 42-ish.
Think a Morizo will be significantly more than a CE due to the extremely limited production run of only 200 units compared to the 1500 for the CE. I understand the Morizo will be offered every year, but if they are only limited to 200 unites per year, it would take 8 years of GRC production in order for the Morizo to outnumber the Circuit editions. And I'm pretty sure the GRC won't be produced for anywhere near 8 years.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts

That sounds way too optimistic. Mid 30's for base maybe. No way a Morizo is going to be low 40's, maybe Circuit. The Morizo is like halfway to a GRMN Yaris, and the Yaris had more units produced, doing a straight yen conversion using current pretty favorable rate the "base" GRMN Y is about $55K. Of course this is all speculation, so maybe Toyota will make the GRC outrageously cheap. A vehicle that uses a special assembly line with lots of hand and additional work that takes a lot longer to build than other models. Yes, they're aiming to undercut the competition, but I think they aren't going to take a loss on it either, and also undercut its own value.

561 - 580 of 610 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.