Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh nice! Peter was actually in the time slot after the one I was in that day. Didn't know we had a mutual friend till we ran into him. Toyota has the best measuring sessions out of all the brands that work with SEMA Garage.

View attachment 3596 View attachment 3595 View attachment 3594 View attachment 3597
View attachment 3598
(snuck in this photo, in case anyone was interested how CEs look on the GRC. mackin industries showed up and was also in the same time slot as Peter. they rolled up with boxes of Rays wheels)
Hard to gauge because of the angle, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is the 18x9.5+35 size of the CE28

·
Registered
25 Posts
Should fit. Think I've seen a GRY with same setup. It was pretty damn flush, and I'm thinking the GRC is wider....
I think these sizes (18x9.5+38 or +35) should fit, but it won't sit as flush as it does on the GRY. The only concern is whether or not it will clear the suspension. Factory or otherwise.

A +38 will be 20.7mm closer to the suspension and a +35 is 17.7mm closer. We already know the factory wheel sizes are different between the GRY and GRC

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am going for pretty flush. I've heard the axles on the GRC are pushed out a little more to counter the width difference. Or else the fitment with the current wheels would be like the people that put those fender flares on F150s and keep stock wheels o_Oo_Oo_O Again, that is what I heard, not 100% on it.
I think a 18x9.5+22 will be the perfect flush fitment that you're looking for. Can also run a 15mm spacer with its own studs to achieve this fitment on a +38 or +35.

Although personally, I'm not a fan of spacers

·
Registered
25 Posts
If anyone is interested, Tirerack now has the GR Corolla available to select wheel/tire packages on its site.

Most notably (at least to me), 18x9.5+38 is one of the sizes that they guarantee a fit for. Previously I had thought the clearance might be tight between the wheel and suspension components, but I guess there's enough to make this work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts