Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
605 Posts
So can you say what companies were there so can get an idea of what products to expect early?
Nice to see Toyota stamped on parts instead of like on my FRS where even trim parts that have Toyota emblazoned on front, its stamped Subaru on back, lol.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
605 Posts
Has anyone in the measuring session gotten a good photo of the fender vents to see where they go? I think they're functional but can't find anything that really confirms or denies that.
Theyre there in the attached pics that show the brake ducts tucked under more toward the center, the fender ducting is prominent toward the outside, the one with thr blue painters tape on it.. Theyre not for cooling, for aero.

·
Registered
605 Posts
All the aftermarket companies gearing up to help people void warranties and ruin their cars with ridiculous "mods" at exorbitant prices. Toyota should have told these companies to go fuck themselves.

But mods bro.
Mods dont void warranties unless it can be proven it was the mod.
Yes, some mods are silly, but it would be a boring world without aftermarket support. Some are entirely valid. Want better competition performance? Youll want aftermarket mechanical lsd, good adjustable struts (yes theres plenty of crappy ones), racing seats, lighter forged wheels. But hey, these are all “ridiculous” mods!

·
Registered
605 Posts
all the confusion! I though only the ME had the fullbrake ducts and the core did not have the front side ducts to balance with the small spoiler.

·
Registered
605 Posts
We all are. It would be good to know the venting situation on every trim. Core, Core w/PP, Circuit, and Morizo.

It doesn’t help that one reviewer said X, another said Y. It’s very confusing.

Yes I want the brake ducts. If it’s Morizo only or something let us buy them. 200 ME’s come on, I don’t want to cook my brakes in the mountains or on track.
Im pretty sure if it comes only on ME, itll still be available from Toyota parts for anyone. Toyota seems be allowing anyone to buy most of the parts for the GRMN Yaris seperately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts