Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a Toyota dealership, and I am currently on our waitlist. I have been checking our Inventory everyday to see when Toyota will make the "GR Corolla" Option Button! And it just got added! Our Allocation Locks tonight, and I am guessing when our Allocation drops there will Gr Corollas within the United States being scheduled to be built. That will most likely be on Thursday or Friday of this week.

Font Circle Rectangle Art Paper

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work at a Toyota dealership, and I am currently on our waitlist. I have been checking our Inventory everyday to see when Toyota will make the "GR Corolla" Option Button! And it just got added! Our Allocation Locks tonight, and I am guessing when our Allocation drops there will Gr Corollas within the United States being scheduled to be built. That will most likely be on Thursday or Friday of this week. View attachment 4028
What state are you in? I reached out to my dealer in GA since I am #2 on the list for a Core and they haven't received anything yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What state are you in? I reached out to my dealer in GA since I am #2 on the list for a Core and they haven't received anything yet.
Nothing has been put into Allocation yet. It is just showing as an option in our Inventory list. I am guessing they will start dropping in these next Allocations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone know if these have left the plant yet? Haven't seen any photo coverage like with the civic type R.
They haven't started US-bound production yet - regardless of what rumors you've heard or what some people (even mods) post on here. I was told by a dealership friend who asked his field rep: production starts 10/28.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I work at a Toyota dealership, and I am currently on our waitlist. I have been checking our Inventory everyday to see when Toyota will make the "GR Corolla" Option Button! And it just got added! Our Allocation Locks tonight, and I am guessing when our Allocation drops there will Gr Corollas within the United States being scheduled to be built. That will most likely be on Thursday or Friday of this week.

View attachment 4028
What's strange are the model descriptions. What does LE mean? Does CE mean Circuit Edition? There's bound to be some confusion due to the model description in Toyota's pricing list.

Rectangle Font Circle Number Parallel

In Toyota's pricing list, model 6283 is for the circuit edition, but your Toyota inventory shows "LE". Same thing goes for the Morizo edition model #.

·
Registered
2008 FJ 2020 RAV4 Hybrid 2017 Focus RS
588 Posts
What's strange are the model descriptions. What does LE mean? Does CE mean Circuit Edition? There's bound to be some confusion due to the model description in Toyota's pricing list.

View attachment 4032

In Toyota's pricing list, model 6283 is for the circuit edition, but your Toyota inventory shows "LE". Same thing goes for the Morizo edition model #.
Going back to the convo about original trim levels, wonder if LE (launch edition) is the circuit whereas CE was meant to be the Morizo. Wouldn't that make things messy 😂

·
Registered
15 WRX, 15 Sienna, 23 GR86
98 Posts
They haven't started US-bound production yet - regardless of what rumors you've heard or what some people (even mods) post on here. I was told by a dealership friend who asked his field rep: production starts 10/28.
Ah. If that's the case, 1st deliveries will be January. We'll get an idea once allocations lock - which according to the OP might be in this drop. I was leaning toward first allocations being end of the month now due to how quiet it has been but the mid-month allocations seem to be coming a smidge late this month.

·
Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
Ah. If that's the case, 1st deliveries will be January. We'll get an idea once allocations lock - which according to the OP might be in this drop. I was leaning toward first allocations being end of the month now due to how quiet it has been but the mid-month allocations seem to be coming a smidge late this month.
Allocations don't go out that far. Usually for the following month roughly

·
Registered
15 WRX, 15 Sienna, 23 GR86
98 Posts
Allocations don't go out that far. Usually for the following month roughly
Just going from my experience with the GR86 I wasn't going to mention, but some allocations, dealers seem to get them during or even just pre-production. In those cases, I've seen well over 8 weeks before a car finally went G. Then you have allocations (like the one I eventually got) where the dealer got the allocation literally 1 day before the car was processed at port. It was ~4weeks to delivery, but could have easily been 3 or even a little less had my luck with trains and trucks been better.

Toyota has stated "fall" launch pretty consistently so I figured mid Oct allocation drop was the last chance for them to hit that target unless cars are already on the move and they plan on waiting until after the boat ride to assign cars to dealers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
then wouldnt I just take what you just said with a grain of salt? hard to believe this is true seeing as they have said they will be at dealerships in 2022 pretty recently.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Morizo should have been called the Circuit Edition, seeing as how it's the most circuit ready trim. The Circuit edition should have been called the Limited Edition, as it is only limited to 1500 and only in the first year

·
Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
The Morizo should have been called the Circuit Edition, seeing as how it's the most circuit ready trim. The Circuit edition should have been called the Limited Edition, as it is only limited to 1500 and only in the first year
The Circuit was originally the “Launch Edition” funny enough. But the delay was enough to warrant a name change.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.