Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Knew this was coming
Wheres that drifting dude who was begging ppl to do this type of shit!?!?!?!? Can't wait to see how many ppl destroy theirs and it sits in a dealer for 5 months awaiting parts. Also newsflash, most of the dealers ive called around my area, have zero technical knowledge on these cars......

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So it looks like no burnouts are allowed?
I wonder how those Limit+1 people did that awd donut without the overheating issue.

· Registered
74 Posts
So it looks like no burnouts are allowed?
I wonder how those Limit+1 people did that awd donut without the overheating issue.

Drifting the GRC just requires technique. I have done it a few times. You can’t really launch and invoke a slip motion unless it’s a very smooth surface you’re on but instead a momentum feint with ebrake will be your best bet.

With that being said, you don’t have to be all that hard on it to break loose. I did figure 8’s and circular motions just fine.

I have video but I’m not going to post it as I recorded it in Mexico like all good car videos. Working on getting a better camera mount as the headrest didn’t get a full view capture.🤠

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Drifting the GRC just requires technique. I have done it a few times. You can’t really launch and invoke a slip motion unless it’s a very smooth surface you’re on but instead a momentum feint with ebrake will be your best bet.

With that being said, you don’t have to be all that hard on it to break loose. I did figure 8’s and circular motions just fine.

I have video but I’m not going to post it as I recorded it in Mexico like all good car videos. Working on getting a better camera mount as the headrest didn’t get a full view capture.🤠
No vid no proof

· Registered
213 Posts
This. Watching all the earlier reviewers being like "hmm doesn't really want to oversteer" while just accelerating out of a corner was pretty laughable. Like, of course not, it's an AWD vehicle. If you load up the suspension and flick the car in at entry I bet the GRC will rotate with a bit of effort. You're just not going to be able to simply power into a slide (and frankly you shouldn't).

There's already that video floating around of someone ripping donuts on a damp surface with some ebrake action. I bet a bit of ebrake at speed into a corner will get this thing sliding pretty easily as well.

Reactions: apex_gr

· Registered
74 Posts
This. Watching all the earlier reviewers being like "hmm doesn't really want to oversteer" while just accelerating out of a corner was pretty laughable. Like, of course not, it's an AWD vehicle. If you load up the suspension and flick the car in at entry I bet the GRC will rotate with a bit of effort. You're just not going to be able to simply power into a slide (and frankly you shouldn't).

There's already that video floating around of someone ripping donuts on a damp surface with some ebrake action. I bet a bit of ebrake at speed into a corner will get this thing sliding pretty easily as well.
This guy gets it. Love your name. I see you are a man of culture so you know the deal. I miss my AE86 hatch. You can find some pics of mine on my IG with the same username lol.

· Registered
25 Posts
Yeah it was somewhat the main issue some people had. Like I said earlier, during the event the chief engineer even addressed some things they did to try and minimize overheating.
That's kind of concerning.. It would be nice to know a percentage of how many affected. I guess it's nice they tried to address it but sounds like the GRC will have the same issues.

· Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
That's kind of concerning.. It would be nice to know a percentage of how many affected. I guess it's nice they tried to address it but sounds like the GRC will have the same issues.
All we can do is search the Yaris forums which is honestly not too helpful, it’s pretty random when it happens.

So far only 1-2 GRCs have done it that I know of, so let’s give it time.

· Registered
25 Posts
All we can do is search the Yaris forums which is honestly not too helpful, it’s pretty random when it happens.

So far only 1-2 GRCs have done it that I know of, so let’s give it time.
Yeah that's true and I've only heard of the 2 maybe a 3rd as well having this issue. That's actually not bad for the amount of GRCs that went out. Time will tell.

· Registered
264 Posts
Wheres that drifting dude who was begging ppl to do this type of shit!?!?!?!? Can't wait to see how many ppl destroy theirs and it sits in a dealer for 5 months awaiting parts. Also newsflash, most of the dealers ive called around my area, have zero technical knowledge on these cars......
yes that was me. i never told anyone to redline launch an AWD car lmao. this is just wild. no reason to do that. sitting on redline while the car is already in motion is not nearly as damaging of a load on the whole car

· Registered
264 Posts

video to shut the haters up bro plz for the love of god everyone needs it

· Registered
74 Posts
video to shut the haters up bro plz for the love of god everyone needs it

i’ll send it on IG DM but not gonna post it publicly for many other reasons. Have been into street drifting too long lol.

There’s already a video of a guy doing it publicly as described

· Registered
1,752 Posts
i’ll send it on IG DM but not gonna post it publicly for many other reasons. Have been into street drifting too long lol.

Yeah they made sure to put it on yt etc

· Registered
264 Posts

nah that ain't shit. anybody can turn the wheel and WOT. i wanna see some actual throttle control and counter steer

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
yes that was me. i never told anyone to redline launch an AWD car lmao. this is just wild. no reason to do that. sitting on redline while the car is already in motion is not nearly as damaging of a load on the whole car
NGL, I used to ride the rev limiter on my GTI often. It was the fun part of launching a FWD car and just waiting for traction to kick in. I had upgraded everything on the car, so there were not really a lot of engine issues on my part. 210K km on it.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts