Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oh it was great! (for what I want).

Just starting up, there is a notable presence to it. That open valve CLEARLY demonstrates that this is just not a regular corolla from the inside. But am I going to annoy my neighbors (I live in townhomes) every day when I go to work? Not even close. Will they know it's different then a standard corolla if they are outside when I am leaving? Yes.
IMHO this is the right balance. For a car that'll mostly be used on public roads, I'll want a unique exhaust note, but at a volume that will not bother myself (or others).

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
189 Posts
I’ll post this, saw it come up on the Facebook page and of course there’s no guaranteed validity but it’s interesting. Broken English aside View attachment 2475
That post was typed by cat running across a keyboard.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts
I’ll post this, saw it come up on the Facebook page and of course there’s no guaranteed validity but it’s interesting. Broken English aside View attachment 2475
Im super dubious on this. Even the GRMN doesnt come with a harness. Im prettty sure for liability Toyota will not install a harness from factory, most are not street legal. The japan video shows the ME mounting points are there, but theyll leave it to buyer to take it upon themselves to install.
like other GR vehicles im pretty sure the GRC will come witha year NASA membership and entry into a event, which may have an instructor availble, but you arent going to have a personal trainer.
The GRMN Y has an optional tuning service in Japan, not sure if theyd do similar here.
The ME theyre saying will contnue beyond first year, im hoping like the GRMN Y theyll make a rally version.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Solid and simple inside. Everything within easy reach, the new infotainment looked direct and easy. Seats were comfortable. Back seats with room to where I could take other adults for a trip to the store, but would use something else for trips above a half hour. Suede felt nice but wasn't Lexus level or anything like that. Should age well overall.
how was the shifter height and did the arm rest get in the way with your elbow?

61 - 71 of 71 Posts