Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
So people who got to sit in them. Reflections on interior fit and finish?
Solid and simple inside. Everything within easy reach, the new infotainment looked direct and easy. Seats were comfortable. Back seats with room to where I could take other adults for a trip to the store, but would use something else for trips above a half hour. Suede felt nice but wasn't Lexus level or anything like that. Should age well overall.

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
189 Posts
For sure, if I was to settle on a core, it would be white first than red. Refuse to get a black car in Texas.
The last three trucks were black and I do not want to make that mistake again. My light blue one gets hot enough!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Seeing this in person moved red to the middle of my color choices. #1 is white and I just don’t want another black vehicle in Texas 🥵
Thanks for the great pics. I also am feeling better about red if that's the choice I am given. was the red a nice metallic similar to the mazda red? It's hard to tell from the pics how deep/metallic it really is, possibly because it needs just the right light angle to shine properly.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks for the great pics. I also am feeling better about red if that's the choice I am given. was the red a nice metallic similar to the mazda red? It's hard to tell from the pics how deep/metallic it really is, possibly because it needs just the right light angle to shine properly.
Just Google supersonic red Camry. It's the same color. And no, it's not like the Mazda red unfortunately. That is such a gorgeous color... 😍

·
Registered
199 Posts
If it’s even close to Mazda red I am so so down their red is beautiful! I’m just hoping that photo isn’t heavily filtered with an HDR

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
Solid and simple inside. Everything within easy reach, the new infotainment looked direct and easy. Seats were comfortable. Back seats with room to where I could take other adults for a trip to the store, but would use something else for trips above a half hour. Suede felt nice but wasn't Lexus level or anything like that. Should age well overall.
The Suede gives us a good idea of how the CE will feel. Wish we saw the cloth seats

·
Registered
720 Posts
Isn't that red one a core? I think those seats are the core version/core material with white stitching and the CE will have alcantera inserts and red stitching.
I think it's the same preproduction core from the reveal. It had the CE seats in it, but with white stiching. Production cars will have the red stiching. But those are definitely the CE seats.

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
189 Posts
If it’s even close to Mazda red I am so so down their red is beautiful! I’m just hoping that photo isn’t heavily filtered with an HDR
I didn’t notice a ton of flake in the paint, but there definitely was some. It was a pretty nice looking red in person though. It was deep and not obnoxious if that makes sense?

Also no filters on my photos altering hues and shades. Just shot them with my iPhone 12 Pro.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Off topic, maybe I missed it....do we know what the white is or has anyone seen it in person?

Was hoping it's more of an Arctic white and not a pearl white. If it's a pearl white I think red will be my first choice.
Pretty sure they said it will be Super White, which is the same color as plain white tacomas, the mk4 supra etc. no pearl or metallic etc just pure plain white.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts
The regular editions are plain Super White II, the ME is a pearl. With these better pictures of the red, its growing on me. I'm not big on red since having plain red cars where they quickly oxidize, but this metalic looks nice. The Lexus metalic red on the LC is gorgeous when I saw it and was a red I could do!

·
Registered
31 Posts
They let me hop in and give it a few revs. This thing gonna be good. Red looks significantly better in person than at reveal. Front looks like it won't stand out too much in traffic, that booty looks like it belongs to a different car lol.

Dash has real time screen visual of G's, how much acceleration and brake pedals are pressed.
How was the sound! In some videos it sounds great and kind of feisty and in others it sounds muted and fake

·
Registered
92 Posts
How was the sound! In some videos it sounds great and kind of feisty and in others it sounds muted and fake
Oh it was great! (for what I want).

Just starting up, there is a notable presence to it. That open valve CLEARLY demonstrates that this is just not a regular corolla from the inside. But am I going to annoy my neighbors (I live in townhomes) every day when I go to work? Not even close. Will they know it's different then a standard corolla if they are outside when I am leaving? Yes.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts