Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
321 - 340 of 566 Posts
Discussion starter · #321 ·
Every single one of the frustrations people on this forum have with trying to obtain one of these can be traced back to one source: Toyota's bogus allocation system. Even if it stayed the same in every other way, making it possible to place a legit order for a car would solve just about everything. They already do it for most other markets in the world. It benefits the customer immensely, and also the brand because happy customers are good for the brand. There are no drawbacks for Toyota - the system still operates within the bounds of their production processes. So there are limits to what can be ordered and when. But for basically all of the people in this forum (early birds) there would have been zero issues.

The only reason they don't do this in the US is simple: dealers. The only party that stands to lose going to that model are dealers. Hence, it will likely never happen.

So it hasn't fallen off the boat! Hopefully all goes smooth for you from here. Everything went to crap for me right at the finish line.

I'm hoping to finally pick my car up Tonight or tomorrow. It made it to the dealer on the 25th but I didn't take it for a test drive until yesterday. It wasn't even PDI'd yet, had the spring spacers in still. Funny that the ride was still nicer than my WRX! All my problems came from using my own financing. There was delay getting the payment to the dealer and they aren't letting me take the car until the check clears :LOL: but it was worth it. A few extra days wait for a 3.49% loan in 2023, yeah I'll take it.
Thank you! Fingers crossed the rest is easy for both of us. Lol

Just went to Toyota's website to check inventory. When I set the zip code to my own here in Alabama the only package option I have is Tech + Performance or none. When I set my zip to New York I can select all packages. Does this mean Toyota is going to limit Allocation to the SET region to only Tech + Performance going forward? When the configurator first went up I was able to select all packages in my ZIP code. Can anyone else in the southeast check the configurator with their ZIP code to see if the results are the same?
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

They also upped the floor mat prices in my region, lol.... This matches what I paid for mine.
Product Font Magenta Electronic device Audio equipment

Discussion starter · #329 ·
Oh that's weird. I was going to say it probably just reflects what is currently available in your region but that's the configurator. Should have everything possibly available in your region regardless of whether anything is in the pipeline right now.

Oh that's weird. I was going to say it probably just reflects what is currently available in your region but that's the configurator. Should have everything possibly available in your region regardless of whether anything is in the pipeline right now.
Yep, that's what I thought at first, but it isn't just limiting me to what's currently allocated (There are no cars with that spec near me at the moment). Plus like you said it's the configurator. It should have every possible option for the car.

Just went to Toyota's website to check inventory. When I set the zip code to my own here in Alabama the only package option I have is Tech + Performance or none. When I set my zip to New York I can select all packages. Does this mean Toyota is going to limit Allocation to the SET region to only Tech + Performance going forward? When the configurator first went up I was able to select all packages in my ZIP code. Can anyone else in the southeast check the configurator with their ZIP code to see if the results are the same?
View attachment 7148
It looks like I still have all the packages available from a Nola zip code.
Rectangle Font Parallel Software Screenshot

Yep, that's what I thought at first, but it isn't just limiting me to what's currently allocated (There are no cars with that spec near me at the moment). Plus like you said it's the configurator. It should have every possible option for the car.
It could be what’s in the pipeline for that region. Toyota is weird about that, and offer no reasoning for it.

Discussion starter · #333 ·
I just saw a pic of a facebook post that say something like 13 out of 340 GRC's allocated without performance package. I'm guessing if true that would have to be the latest drop. Can anyone confirm that?

I just saw a pic of a facebook post that say something like 13 out of 340 GRC's allocated without performance package. I'm guessing if true that would have to be the latest drop. Can anyone confirm that?
I saw that too, and if it’s true that’s crazy!
Aftermarket LSD sales are gonna look great 📈

Mine just hit "F" status, no ETA or anything yet. Below is my timeline so far (my car has also only ever been on Toyota Tracker for 2 very brief windows - I pulled my info from my private guest page at the dealer):

01/06 - received call that car was allocated/queued for build, car in "A" status.
01/19 - salesperson tells me that car has been built and due in port on 02/02, car still in "A" status
02/02 - car changes to "F" status

I'm hoping they can turn this sucker around quickly! I've been stalking another identical model going to my dealership's sister dealership and it went from A -> F with an estimated delivery of today all since 01/06.

Mine just hit "F" status, no ETA or anything yet. Below is my timeline so far (my car has also only ever been on Toyota Tracker for 2 very brief windows - I pulled my info from my private guest page at the dealer):

01/06 - received call that car was allocated/queued for build, car in "A" status.
01/19 - salesperson tells me that car has been built and due in port on 02/02, car still in "A" status
02/02 - car changes to "F" status

I'm hoping they can turn this sucker around quickly! I've been stalking another identical model going to my dealership's sister dealership and it went from A -> F with an estimated delivery of today all since 01/06.
Dumb question possibly, but where you #1 on a list when the dealer contacted you about getting their allocation, and which one are you getting(color, trim level, & options), and from what dealer state? Just trying to figure out if what my dealer is telling me is legit or not.
Thanks!

Dumb question possibly, but where you #1 on a list when the dealer contacted you about getting their allocation, and which one are you getting(color, trim level, & options), and from what dealer state? Just trying to figure out if what my dealer is telling me is legit or not.
Thanks!
I was #2 at a smaller dealer in Colorado. I've got an Ice Cap w/ PP, CWP, and TP.

• Love
Reactions: BigRed
So it hasn't fallen off the boat! Hopefully all goes smooth for you from here. Everything went to crap for me right at the finish line.

I'm hoping to finally pick my car up Tonight or tomorrow. It made it to the dealer on the 25th but I didn't take it for a test drive until yesterday. It wasn't even PDI'd yet, had the spring spacers in still. Funny that the ride was still nicer than my WRX! All my problems came from using my own financing. There was delay getting the payment to the dealer and they aren't letting me take the car until the check clears :LOL: but it was worth it. A few extra days wait for a 3.49% loan in 2023, yeah I'll take it.
wheres everyone getting these 3.5% loans wtf. i'm capped at 5.5 and my credit is in the 800's and all that shit. every single lender refused to give me lower than that.

ya'll are in the fuckin middle of nowhere i stg

Discussion starter · #340 ·
wheres everyone getting these 3.5% loans wtf. i'm capped at 5.5 and my credit is in the 800's and all that shit. every single lender refused to give me lower than that.

ya'll are in the fuckin middle of nowhere i stg
Credit unions can charge lower than usual interest rates - is that where you’re looking? Still I was shocked at how low I was able to get. They just went up 1% on the first so I’d guess 4-5 is the lowest you could get right now, maybe you aren’t far off.

321 - 340 of 566 Posts