Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
301 - 320 of 566 Posts
Yeah guess us SET folks are truly special 😂
Yep, we have the worst distributor to deal with too. They mark up the floor mats higher than other regions and tack on their garbage "Toyoguard" package to every car.

I'm sorry for my ignorance but may I ask what "SET" stand for? I'm guessing it means Toyota's "Southeast Region -- North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida". But I am not sure.

I'm sorry for my ignorance but may I ask what "SET" stand for? I'm guessing it means Toyota's "Southeast Region -- North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida". But I am not sure.
Yep, Southeast Toyota, one of the distributors for Toyota USA (not a subsidiary of Toyota USA apparently)

Yep, Southeast Toyota, one of the distributors for Toyota USA (not a subsidiary of Toyota USA apparently)
Thank you. And then, if I understand it correctly, many of GRC's in the region are not even showing up in Toyota's inventory search? The following link is a search for 30310 zip, as a sample. I see three GRC's in 20mi radius, but there could be more?

Thank you. And then, if I understand it correctly, many of GRC's in the region are not even showing up in Toyota's inventory search? The following link is a search for 30310 zip, as a sample. I see three GRC's in 20mi radius, but there could be more?
I think it is showing, that’s how I found mine, and after I committed the car “disappeared” on it so there is a way for the dealers to mark them as unavailable in a sense

I think it is showing, that’s how I found mine, and after I committed the car “disappeared” on it so there is a way for the dealers to mark them as unavailable in a sense
Ah, I see. That's what I believe too. Dealers can opt out of the Toyota listing. Since we've been using Toyota's API to find the status, once dealers decide to have vehicles off the list, they disappear from the API as well. Hence, the Tracker site can't find them as well as my iOS Shortcut. My sales person waited to do so until my GRC was loaded on a truck after arriving to Chicago on a train. So, I was able to keep tracking until that moment and it disappeared from everywhere even before it made it to the "G" status.

Ah, I see. That's what I believe too. Dealers can opt out of the Toyota listing. Since we've been using Toyota's API to find the status, once dealers decide to have vehicles off the list, they disappear from the API as well. Hence, the Tracker site can't find them as well as my iOS Shortcut. My sales person waited to do so until my GRC was loaded on a truck after arriving to Chicago on a train. So, I was able to keep tracking until that moment and it disappeared from everywhere even before it made it to the "G" status.
I guess this explains why I haven’t been able to track mine for the last couple weeks. Although some show up in the inventory search as sale pending, so I guess there are tiers to it. Weird

I guess this explains why I haven’t been able to track mine for the last couple weeks. Although some show up in the inventory search as sale pending, so I guess there are tiers to it. Weird
So, if our assumption is somewhat correct, I guess what you could do may be to gently ask your sales person putting back your car on Toyota's listing.

Yup...$700 "ToyoguardUpYourAssFarva"... Special.....Wanna kill a few minutes? Search that B.S. on YouTube...

I pick my car up tomorrow. Every time I look at it on my vSpec it infuriates the living hell out of me!
I don’t have to, this isn’t my first time having Toyoguard ravishing my wallet😂

Even back when the harshest time in 2020 I couldn’t have it removed but at least back then there’s discount

Have you talked to your dealer about this yet? Not kidding, it could have been misplaced at a port. Just needs parked in the wrong spot. If so they could have someone go look for it lol.
I reached out the other day and told him I think something funky is going on. I’m seeing cars that hit the tracker 2 and 3 weeks after mine get delivered to dealer lots all around me, and mine is stuck in limbo.

I need to get a contact at GST that I can annoy 😂

Heads up for anyone having trouble tracking their car through any of the methods listed in the first post: it's possible to track your car if your dealership has given you a "guest" link even if your car isn't pulling up in other methods. My dealership gave me a unique link to my vehicle and I was able to use developer tools to find it. Instead of looking for a string with your VIN, use the search function in developer tools to search for "dealercategory". For me, the first result in the search contained a string including '"dealerCategory":"A"'.

Discussion starter · #315 ·
If you can ask your salesman how they got the guest link, let me know. I haven’t been able to get a straight answer out of any of mine about how to get that link, mostly because they don’t know how haha.

Discussion starter · #317 ·
Car just moved to F!
So it hasn't fallen off the boat! Hopefully all goes smooth for you from here. Everything went to crap for me right at the finish line.

I'm hoping to finally pick my car up Tonight or tomorrow. It made it to the dealer on the 25th but I didn't take it for a test drive until yesterday. It wasn't even PDI'd yet, had the spring spacers in still. Funny that the ride was still nicer than my WRX! All my problems came from using my own financing. There was delay getting the payment to the dealer and they aren't letting me take the car until the check clears :LOL: but it was worth it. A few extra days wait for a 3.49% loan in 2023, yeah I'll take it.

So do we have any way to get a total number of cars allocated since the spreadsheet is broken?

Discussion starter · #319 ·
So do we have any way to get a total number of cars allocated since the spreadsheet is broken?
Nope, at this point that info could only be dug out of dealer daily, which I hope nobody tries to do as it will probably cost them their job haha. I'll look forward to seeing quarterly sales data to see the actual numbers.

It might be possible to write a program to get some data from publicly available sources (Toyota's inventory search etc.) but it will be largely incomplete.

Nope, at this point that info could only be dug out of dealer daily, which I hope nobody tries to do as it will probably cost them their job haha. I'll look forward to seeing quarterly sales data to see the actual numbers.

It might be possible to write a program to get some data from publicly available sources (Toyota's inventory search etc.) but it will be largely incomplete.
Well that just sucks.

301 - 320 of 566 Posts