Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
281 - 300 of 326 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
The dealer I'm #1 with in the Rocky Mountain region finally got a car allocated and called me, they're sticking to MSRP with no extra add-ons but it's black... I really can't do another black car, ugh.

I have a red one coming in elsewhere but with ADM, it'd be a wash cost-wise with wrapping the black one. First world problems... What to do, what to do.

· Registered
5 Posts
The dealer I'm #1 with in the Rocky Mountain region finally got a car allocated and called me, they're sticking to MSRP with no extra add-ons but it's black... I really can't do another black car, ugh.

I have a red one coming in elsewhere but with ADM, it'd be a wash cost-wise with wrapping the black one. First world problems... What to do, what to do.
I feel your pain lol... I wanted white but was able to get a red one so I went with it. Dealerships are playing games even with the wait lists. If you really want a GR Corolla I would jump on the first one you could actually secure. good luck

· Registered
264 Posts

Ah man that sucks. Would be a shame if you sold the black one to me

· Registered
264 Posts
I've honestly considered it for friends but we'd get whacked with paying sales tax twice!
not true! you can report the tax to the DMV and talk to tax attorney to rescind it with toyota's financial service to verify. when you sell, you don't need to tell the DMV what the car sold for, hence, no sales tax!

i'm not a tax attorney and everything above may or may not be true (probably not)

· Registered
15 WRX, Sienna, GR86
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Mine disappeared off the tracker, but still shows 12/20-12/25 on the Toyota search site. 🤔
Have you talked to your dealer about this yet? Not kidding, it could have been misplaced at a port. Just needs parked in the wrong spot. If so they could have someone go look for it lol.

That’s tough man. Could be worse, you could have received a PP-free allocation 😬

I just worked through all the paperwork for mine. Still have the opportunity to change my mind but I’m gonna go. Waiting for PP at this point will cost me way more than $1180. And I guess I’m not nearly as emotionally invested in this thing as most people, I just don’t care that much to justify the extra $$

I have 3.49% for 60mo with my bank, and might be paying the lowest $ for a GRC in the entire country (CW pkg only)

Font Material property Paper Document Number

· Registered
91 Posts
Have you talked to your dealer about this yet? Not kidding, it could have been misplaced at a port. Just needs parked in the wrong spot. If so they could have someone go look for it lol.

That’s tough man. Could be worse, you could have received a PP-free allocation 😬

I just worked through all the paperwork for mine. Still have the opportunity to change my mind but I’m gonna go. Waiting for PP at this point will cost me way more than $1180. And I guess I’m not nearly as emotionally invested in this thing as most people, I just don’t care that much to justify the extra $$

I have 3.49% for 60mo with my bank, and might be paying the lowest $ for a GRC in the entire country (CW pkg only)
Most of the recent allocations in the Northeast are without PP but have the other 2 packages.

Care to sell the WRX instead of trading it in? And if so what's the location and the details?

· Registered
15 WRX, Sienna, GR86
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Most of the recent allocations in the Northeast are without PP but have the other 2 packages.

Care to sell the WRX instead of trading it in? And if so what's the location and the details?
Oh man. I initially figured they would start blending in more w/o PP but at this point, why even do that? Nobody would ever turn one down because it has PP and they don’t want it lol. Really baffling that the diffs weren’t standard 🤷‍♂️

I kinda expect the 24’s to have them standard. That’s actually part of the deal we made. I’m back in line, they’ll call me in a year or so to see if I want to upgrade contingent on me trading this one back to them. Can’t imagine I’d do that unless they offered better seats in package on the core or something, which is super unlikely.

I’ll PM you about the WRX haha

· Registered
1998 Impreza Wagon > 2004 WRX Wagon > 2015 Focus ST > 2023 GR Corolla, all in red
93 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts

Your black one may not have the right performance package too.. more decision.

· Registered
622 Posts
Maybe @Sparkko can check, but yeah I used the method listed in the OP just now and it didn't work. No GR Corolla to be found on exploretoyota dot com.
The old method to track SET cars no longer works. The cars don't pull up with that URL anymore. They still haven't added a section for the GRC either.

281 - 300 of 326 Posts