Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
261 - 280 of 326 Posts

· Registered
15 WRX, Sienna, GR86
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
IIRC the car was probably already in F on the tracker when I started watching it , it certainly was by the 12/12 spreadsheet. The 12/6 spreadsheet might of shown A, I don't remember.
Dealer told me the car hit the port 12/2, later confirmed with dealer tracking screen shot.
1/16/23 (assuming the car was delivered to the dealer the night before) minus 12/2/22 is 45 days in port and on truck combined. 46 days port arrive to delivery, which I assume is what people wanted to know.
Oh wow, I see. Where is your dealer located roughly, if you don't mind me asking? And are you sure it never went by rail at any point?

I'm asking because 46 days vessel arrive to delivery would be long even if there were a rail freight step. It would be super long if no rail step. Makes me wonder if the quality hold rumors were true and yours was one.

Doesn't matter now though because you've got the thing! Congrats!

· Registered
202 Posts
Yeah I've been wondering for awhile why the logistics were slow, do you have a link to anything concrete on a quality hold?
I have to imagine if rail was involved the tracker would have had a chance to catch up with a G earlier as it transitioned from port to rail to truck. I seem to recall they were waiting until they had a full truck bound inland.

My dealer was Findlay in Spokane Washington who have been excellent to deal with, MSRP, no BS, no add-ons, no upselling, they left the plate mounts for me to mount, and spent a lot of time trying to get the Toyota connect up and running on my old phone. Left there feeling much better about buying than the dread I felt going in.

· Registered
15 WRX, Sienna, GR86
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Yeah I've been wondering for awhile why the logistics were slow, do you have a link to anything concrete on a quality hold?
I have to imagine if rail was involved the tracker would have had a chance to catch up with a G earlier as it transitioned from port to rail to truck. I seem to recall they were waiting until they had a full truck bound inland.

My dealer was Findlay in Spokane Washington who have been excellent to deal with, MSRP, no BS, no add-ons, no upselling, they left the plate mounts for me to mount, and spent a lot of time trying to get the Toyota connect up and running on my old phone. Left there feeling much better about buying than the dread I felt going in.
Ok, WA I believe there would not be any rail to worry about. I haven't seen anything remotely concrete about a quality hold, so if your dealer never mentioned then it remains a rumor.

You might have just been unlucky with port movements + holiday backup. I have heard West coast ports are more clogged up and variable than East coast, where mine came in. I've heard stories of cars going missing for long periods of time as they were basically misplaced somewhere at a port (not necessarily West coast) or a rail depot. So s**t happens!

· Registered
1,752 Posts
Ok, WA I believe there would not be any rail to worry about. I haven't seen anything remotely concrete about a quality hold, so if your dealer never mentioned then it remains a rumor.

You might have just been unlucky with port movements + holiday backup. I have heard West coast ports are more clogged up and variable than East coast, where mine came in. I've heard stories of cars going missing for long periods of time as they were basically misplaced somewhere at a port (not necessarily West coast) or a rail depot. So s**t happens!
I must have gotten extremely lucky then because mine arrived in port in portland 12/10/22 then was processing on the 28th and left on the train the 29th and arrived in KY on the 10th

· Registered
4 Posts
Got a little info from my dealer today, forgive me if this is common knowledge - dealers are notified of new allocations twice a month, on the 1st and the 15th. For my area, the latest info is there were no new GRC allocations for the Gulf Coast.

· Registered
15 WRX, Sienna, GR86
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
I must have gotten extremely lucky then because mine arrived in port in portland 12/10/22 then was processing on the 28th and left on the train the 29th and arrived in KY on the 10th
Your case is pretty typical, about a month from port to delivery when there is a rail step. 3-6 weeks estimate would cover 90% of cases when by rail. 2.5-4 weeks from port to delivery will cover most non-rail allocations, I'd guess.

· Registered
62 Posts
Got a little info from my dealer today, forgive me if this is common knowledge - dealers are notified of new allocations twice a month, on the 1st and the 15th. For my area, the latest info is there were no new GRC allocations for the Gulf Coast.
Have you looked at any other brands as a backup in case your dealer flakes out on an allocation?

· Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
524 Posts
Pretty sure my car is stuck in eternal freight

I’ve touched so many pandas in living rooms and sunflowers its crazy
It’s been lady bugs and sunflowers for me.
Site still says I should’ve had it a month ago 😂

· Registered
15 WRX, Sienna, GR86
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
This would be a surprise if true. I think it's being a little optimistic, since I haven't heard anything from my salesperson.
View attachment 6496
So you know more or less exactly when it went to G? I'll be interested to know if it went G at same time it made it to the dealer, or before (like when the truck departed for the dealer.)

· Registered
2021 E210 Corolla, 2016 Scion FR-S (Sold)
166 Posts
So you know more or less exactly when it went to G? I'll be interested to know if it went G at same time it made it to the dealer, or before (like when the truck departed for the dealer.)
It was still "F" status when I left work yesterday. This afternoon it updated to "G", after a quick text with my dealer it looks like they expect it tomorrow or Saturday.

· Registered
‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
237 Posts
My car is hitting G soon!

My dealer notified me they got an email from the shipping company saying my car is on the truck. I checked the Toyota.com inventory page, and there is no longer the “vehicle may be in-transit, ETA is X/xx - X/xx.” This means it hit G in their system.

The Toyota-Tracker for whatever reason is delayed, but I’ll follow up once I see G on it.

Crossing my fingers it arrives tomorrow and is a smooth buying experience at the dealer!

· Registered
2017 VW GTI
75 Posts
My GR Corolla dreams may be in jeopardy. 😢 The allocation tracker hasn't worked for weeks and now the page the dealer sent me is showing a dealer markup when they told me it would be MSRP. Really want a GR but also am not willing to pay over MSRP for it.

· Registered
2017 VW GTI
75 Posts
How is that possible? Lot of peeps are taking delivery now as we speak?
I've continued to get an error that my VIN must be temporary, etc. and it's not pulling up anything on my car. My dealership's sister dealership also received an allocation of what seems to be the same exact vehicle and that seems to be pulling perfectly fine.

· Registered
15 WRX, Sienna, GR86
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
I've continued to get an error that my VIN must be temporary, etc. and it's not pulling up anything on my car. My dealership's sister dealership also received an allocation of what seems to be the same exact vehicle and that seems to be pulling perfectly fine.
Yeah you need to get the story straight with your salesman, I wouldn't spend much more time trying to figure it out from your end.

· Registered
141 Posts
So mine finally switched to F status on my dealers tracker, but it also pushed my port processing date from the 11th to the 24th. Others have said that F status means it has left the port, but that doesn’t seem to be the case for mine. Not showing up at all on toyotatracker. Getting closer!!

261 - 280 of 326 Posts