Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

GR Corolla Allocation Tracker

96K views 565 replies 104 participants last post by  Beardedserb 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit 4/20/2023: Rejuvenated allocation tracker spreadsheet can be found here:

Allocation Tracker Spreadsheet (Google Docs)

I haven't looked into the other methods of status tracking too deeply, but Toyota Tracker is still working.

=====================

There are currently a few ways to check your vehicle status.

1. Toyota Tracker, which works on PC or mobile. Using this is pretty self-explanatory. Unfortunately it won't work for every VIN. Head to the website and input your VIN:

2. For regions that are not South East Toyota regions, you can find your vehicles' status via vehicle specification pages as found through the Toyota inventory search site.

• Once you find your car here, open up its main page in Chrome.
  • Press F12 for developer tools, or right click > inspect
  • Press Ctrl + R to refresh
  • Make sure the top tab is on "Network" then look in the "Name" pane for an item starting with the VIN. Click it. There might be a few different entries starting with the VIN, you want the one that has the VIN followed by "?dealerCd..."
  • The "Preview" pane should pop up to the right, and you can find status info in there

3. For South East Toyota regions, inserting your GR Corolla VIN into the below URL in place of "<VIN>" makes possible the above method with minor difference once you open the page in developer tools, per Sparkko:

"Once you get there open the last "Object" tree in the console, and you can get all the information on your car"

Code:
https://explore.setbuyatoyota.com/gr86/inventory/vin/<VIN>
4. @Kazie 's iOS delivery tracker shortcut. See post 220 of this thread for details. Open this link from your iOS device:

TOYOTA Delivery Status Lookup ver.1.0.2

Notes on vehicle status

A = VIN created, car built, put on boat, at destination port but not processed off the boat.

F = processed off the boat, on rail to regional "port" processing center (if applicable) and/or having port installed accessories installed. An ETA date range may become available at some point during F status

G = processed to go to the dealer, loaded on truck to dealer or at dealership, not sold. Once sold, it's gone from the system.

=====================

Edit 1/13/2023: Cleaning up this OP as it got too messy.

Note: The allocation spreadsheet is likely broken as of 1/9/2023 as Toyota blocked access to the site that was used to scrape data. I will update this spot if that changes. See OP at bottom for details on the spreadsheet.

=====================

Original Post:

The link below takes you to a Google sheets site that tracks all known active GR Corolla VINs. These are cars that have been allocated but not sold, and the data is scraped from Toyotas system. If you are aware of any real VINs that are not on this sheet, share with Reddit user LordKing64, who created it. They will likely update it weekly.

GR_Corolla_Allocation_Sheet.xlsx - Google Drive

Earlier this year, this individual created spreadsheets to track active Toyota allocations by VIN by scraping some back end data from Toyota's site. You just needed to know what the VINs can look like and it would bounce every possible combination off the Toyota site and return back results for all the ones that turn out to be real. It was a super overpowered tool for finding a car, but Toyota closed the loophole by late June and the sheet couldn't update any more.

I recently discovered a new method of pulling VIN status info from the web and shared it with the creator and it seems to be working. I hope it stays open..

See less See more
#7 ·
No he’s just on Reddit to my knowledge. Either the spreadsheet will catch them when it runs next, or the VINs have some unexpected difference compared to the ones already found (certainly possible.) best thing to do would be to send them all to the guy on Reddit, or can PM me.

#8 ·
Went in and did the deposit yesterday - saw 58 Core allocations ranging from 39,1ish to 40.9ish due to port install options. All had all 3 factory options (performance, weather, tech). Ended up with a 3k markup, but with how good we did offloading the 2020 outback and 2021 CX5 tradein, was acceptable. We're hopeful for end of winter, early spring. Was worth working with dealer as locked in trade price, and we'll get the winter out of it, which value on trade could drop that much by the time our allocation came through.

#13 ·
If we're lucky, there will be 351 allocations in the next wave :sneaky:

Reminder though, if anyone has a VIN that is not showing up in the spreadsheet (;) @ZFORCE) or has seen any VINs that had letters in the last 6 digits, please PM me those as it will ensure the sheet catches everything.

The VINs with letters are temporary VINs, and the sheet may never be able to capture those but let's see. It seems the GR Corollas are getting temp VINs for a few days before allocations lock. It doesn't matter right now really. It'll probably be a while before any dealership gets a second allocation, and every dealer will either have someone waiting for their first or they plan on putting it out there with a massive markup.

But once the dust settles (and assuming Toyota doesn't close the loophole allowing it to scrape the data :cry:) having that temp VIN the day allocations drop will mean the difference between getting your name down for the car and hearing the dreaded "sorry, that one is taken."

#21 ·
They seem reluctant to expand it too quickly or hand the keys to other people based on how Toyota shut it down last time - I asked about that before. That said, I think they'd be open to at least restarting the GR86 sheet. I'll mention it.

#28 ·
Interesting relevant update from my dealer in Western NY. They just got wind of what would be my GRC. Black core with cold weather only, no PP or TP. Vessle depart 12/2. Hmm. Would really love to see that spreadsheet update heh

Whoops, wrong thread. Regarding that dude I don't think he's got any stake in GRC, fwiw

#35 ·
Again the practical use of this sheet is to follow the below instructions. But for the first few months I'm afraid any car that would ever be had @MSRP will be immediately pre-sold/dealer hold. Meaning anything not pre-sold or dealer hold is likely going to the highest bidder.

Recommendation on searching:
1. Download the file and save it as an Excel file, or save it into your Drive
2. Filter by location, state, and or city.
3. Filter by your chosen color.
4. Starting with VINs that are BLANK under Hold Status, call each dealer individually and ask for that specific VIN.
5. Continue with VINs with "Available" Hold Status, then "DealerHold" (These are most likely taken but doesnt hurt to try)

#45 ·
Thanks for updating it! I now see my VIN listed. One of six in Oregon. My dealer called me Friday, but I didn't see anything about the vehicle on their website or Toyota's website until a few hours ago.