Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 WRX, 15 Sienna, 23 GR86
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The link below takes you to a Google sheets site that tracks all known active GR Corolla VINs. These are cars that have been allocated but not sold, and the data is scraped from Toyotas system. If you are aware of any real VINs that are not on this sheet, share with Reddit user LordKing64, who created it. They will likely update it weekly.

GR Corolla Allocation Spreadsheet

Earlier this year, this individual created spreadsheets to track active Toyota allocations by VIN by scraping some back end data from Toyota's site. You just needed to know what the VINs can look like and it would bounce every possible combination off the Toyota site and return back results for all the ones that turn out to be real. It was a super overpowered tool for finding a car, but Toyota closed the loophole by late June and the sheet couldn't update any more.

I recently discovered a new method of pulling VIN status info from the web and shared it with the creator and it seems to be working. I hope it stays open..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe these VINs hit after the last time the sheet was updated. It should catch them the next time it runs.

if anyone gets a hold of a temp VIN (it would have letters in the last 6 digits) let me know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see 25 VINs allocated to CA dealerships and all of them do not have letters in the last 6.. is the spreadsheet owner a forum member? I may have another way to help pull data.
No he’s just on Reddit to my knowledge. Either the spreadsheet will catch them when it runs next, or the VINs have some unexpected difference compared to the ones already found (certainly possible.) best thing to do would be to send them all to the guy on Reddit, or can PM me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went in and did the deposit yesterday - saw 58 Core allocations ranging from 39,1ish to 40.9ish due to port install options. All had all 3 factory options (performance, weather, tech). Ended up with a 3k markup, but with how good we did offloading the 2020 outback and 2021 CX5 tradein, was acceptable. We're hopeful for end of winter, early spring. Was worth working with dealer as locked in trade price, and we'll get the winter out of it, which value on trade could drop that much by the time our allocation came through.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Went in and did the deposit yesterday - saw 58 Core allocations ranging from 39,1ish to 40.9ish due to port install options. All had all 3 factory options (performance, weather, tech). Ended up with a 3k markup, but with how good we did offloading the 2020 outback and 2021 CX5 tradein, was acceptable. We're hopeful for end of winter, early spring. Was worth working with dealer as locked in trade price, and we'll get the winter out of it, which value on trade could drop that much by the time our allocation came through.
Did you get your vspec

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If we're lucky, there will be 351 allocations in the next wave :sneaky:

Reminder though, if anyone has a VIN that is not showing up in the spreadsheet (;) @ZFORCE) or has seen any VINs that had letters in the last 6 digits, please PM me those as it will ensure the sheet catches everything.

The VINs with letters are temporary VINs, and the sheet may never be able to capture those but let's see. It seems the GR Corollas are getting temp VINs for a few days before allocations lock. It doesn't matter right now really. It'll probably be a while before any dealership gets a second allocation, and every dealer will either have someone waiting for their first or they plan on putting it out there with a massive markup.

But once the dust settles (and assuming Toyota doesn't close the loophole allowing it to scrape the data :cry:) having that temp VIN the day allocations drop will mean the difference between getting your name down for the car and hearing the dreaded "sorry, that one is taken."

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m not sure if I’m missing it but I don’t see the ice cap that will be going to Toyota of cool springs on the list
VIN 1133, I see it. Didn't realize TN had 4 so far. 3 white and a black.

Worth noting that all 69 so far are still in A status, meaning none have been processed at port yet. These could to go to F status and get a real ETA any day now considering they were spotted at port a few days ago.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru WRX / 2022 4Runner
53 Posts
VIN 1133, I see it. Didn't realize TN had 4 so far. 3 white and a black.

Worth noting that all 69 so far are still in A status, meaning none have been processed at port yet. These could to go to F status and get a real ETA any day now considering they were spotted at port a few days ago.
Wish we could know what vin#'s are for those cars. The dealer update thread quoted the original instagram post of the cars in port and said there were about 25 cars. It would be nice to feed lordking64 some more information but I haven't seen anything new pop up within the last week

1 - 18 of 18 Posts