Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
421 - 440 of 927 Posts
Yeah no matter the setting, I can’t seem to only get the thin, swooshy, LED line to be the only thing on. The main bulb is always on with it, even in “DRL” mode. Then when you force low beams on, that bulb just gets brighter
Try this?

(The setting seems to be named strangely; DRL "off" made little sense to me to get just the "eyelids" without the main bulbs on--sounds backwards--but it looks like this is what you will probably need to do. Hope this works!)

I didn't' realize it till reading it in Motor Trend article as well as parking next two a new civic hatch. But the GR is a full 6 inches shorter then the new Civics. The again the new civics are basically mid sized at this point. Call me crazy but there is something special about a smaller, more nimble car imo. And these cars at least feel like a compact sporty car.
That's most cars in general. Everything has gotten bigger as small car/lightweight isn't necessary for decent gas mileage anymore and us Americans have too much junk to haul around. That said though, if you're taller than 6ft or are very leg dominant as ratio of your height not going to be the most comfortable space in the back seat for other adults or child seats. What I'd love to see though is if one can fit a track day setup into the rear with the seats down. 4 wheels with mounted tires, jack/stands, air pump, bleed kit, a small tool set, helmet, fluids (oil, brake, coolant, water) and an overnight bag. Bonus is an EZ-up with anchors and a folding chair or two and a small softside cooler but I highly doubt there's enough space for that.The 103.9" wheelbase of the GR Corolla is the longest of all the GR's but the actual storage feels almost on par with the GR86 as the trunk floor is longer.

That said though, if you're taller than 6ft or are very leg dominant as ratio of your height not going to be the most comfortable space in the back seat for other adults or child seats.
I think seating position counts for a lot as well. At 5'11" I have heaps of space behind my seat. Like I sit back there to help my daughter in her car seat, and I could lounge with no problem. But I like my feet to be closer to the pedal box, so when I'm fully depressing the clutch, my foot is flat, and my knee is slightly bent.

Seat back is also a bit more upright, so I can comfortably reach the shifter without reaching.

I feel like in my mind I see a lot of people emulating the speed racer cartoon, but seating is all about that comfort, so do what is most comfortable.

Try this?

(The setting seems to be named strangely; DRL "off" made little sense to me to get just the "eyelids" without the main bulbs on--sounds backwards--but it looks like this is what you will probably need to do. Hope this works!)
Dude you’re a frickin genius! That worked! Thank you! I just gave up trying to explain it because nobody was understanding me lol

I think seating position counts for a lot as well. At 5'11" I have heaps of space behind my seat. Like I sit back there to help my daughter in her car seat, and I could lounge with no problem. But I like my feet to be closer to the pedal box, so when I'm fully depressing the clutch, my foot is flat, and my knee is slightly bent.

Seat back is also a bit more upright, so I can comfortably reach the shifter without reaching.

I feel like in my mind I see a lot of people emulating the speed racer cartoon, but seating is all about that comfort, so do what is most comfortable.
Height is just one part of anyone's seat position equation. I'm very torso dominant so my friends who are say 5'6" while I'm 4" taller have a seat position far enough back I can't even reach the pedals. Depending on roofline, and if I was taller, I'd very well might have to tilt the seat as well in many cars just because so much of my height is from the waist up as a ratio.

Height is just one part of anyone's seat position equation. I'm very torso dominant so my friends who are say 5'6" while I'm 4" taller have a seat position far enough back I can't even reach the pedals. Depending on roofline, and if I was taller, I'd very well might have to tilt the seat as well in many cars just because so much of my height is from the waist up as a ratio.
That is correct, inseam matters as much as any other measurement

Maybe I'm bad at Googling, but does Apple CarPlay/Android Auto work over one of the USBs or is it only wireless? Are all the USBs in the car charge only and not for media?
The front USB-C close to the passenger side is for media and I use it for Android Auto as the Bluetooth is a bit unreliable.

No, I'm totally cool with everything being USB-C. Just surprised. I've had pixel phones for quite a while, so I have no shortage of Google factory USB-C to USB-C cables. I also have a Google fast charger that plugs into a 12 volt port as well, so I'm well covered for all eventualities. Again just surprised that they're USB-C and not USB-A.

There is already a downside to owning this car - It's a dick magnet for the most annoying type of people. There are people who compliment it, glance at it or take photos - that's fine.
On the street, only nerds know what this is (no offense, i'm one too) and some creepy people will actually attempt to follow you for whatever and god knows what they want.
Already happened twice for me. I don't need some stance bmw following me home, tailgating me on my street and also does not live here (I came back to check and never seen him before).
It's not a through street so why TF did this idiot follow me here? To rob me? To ride on my dick? I am not here to entertain anyone.

There is already a downside to owning this car - It's a dick magnet for the most annoying type of people. There are people who compliment it, glance at it or take photos - that's fine.
On the street, only nerds know what this is (no offense, i'm one too) and some creepy people will actually attempt to follow you for whatever and god knows what they want.
Already happened twice for me. I don't need some stance bmw following me home, tailgating me on my street and also does not live here (I came back to check and never seen him before).
It's not a through street so why TF did this idiot follow me here? To rob me? To ride on my dick? I am not here to entertain anyone.
LMAO. I can attest to this especially since where I keep the vehicle it’s gated / locked. It’s so weird people follow you home as I have had many gas station encounters lately.

LMAO. I can attest to this especially since where I keep the vehicle it’s gated / locked. It’s so weird people follow you home as I have had many gas station encounters lately.
It's the first time this happened and its probably a wrong time, wrong place kind of situation - the kid would have probably followed me if we were somewhere else anyways.
I did have a janky Rav4 follow me across town once, I booked it after 7th turn. Do people think I am driving a prototype GRC??

I don't mind gas station and parking lot encounters, just don't follow me. lol

Good lord, this is really a thing?
It might be a problem in more populated areas. I am in California and there are a shit ton of car people here.

421 - 440 of 927 Posts