Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
401 - 420 of 927 Posts
turn stalk on the left allows you to turn DRL off entirely but you may be referring to something built into the headlights.
Yeah no matter the setting, I can’t seem to only get the thin, swooshy, LED line to be the only thing on. The main bulb is always on with it, even in “DRL” mode. Then when you force low beams on, that bulb just gets brighter

Yeah no matter the setting, I can’t seem to only get the thin, swooshy, LED line to be the only thing on. The main bulb is always on with it, even in “DRL” mode. Then when you force low beams on, that bulb just gets brighter
I think you’re referring to that hard line that appears to drop off? It’s intentional I believe. At that point you may need to re wire the headlights.

Haha god I’m gunna feel dumb if there’s a better name for them. I’m just talking about the LED light bar. The thing that blinks amber when the turn signal is on
Lol I believe it’s just a daytime running light

If you dont have TPMS on your second set of wheels, can you disable it?
The repair manual says the system is disabled when the tire pressure transmitters have not all been installed and aren't seen by the receiver. I don't know for sure if "disabled" means it will extinguish the light or not, but that seems to be what it suggests.

How have people found the space in the trunk? That’s really my number 1 concern at this point. I’ve got a 30-lb Tibetan Terrier that fits well in the back of my GTI but am a little concerned with how small the GR’s trunk looks in videos.

Reactions: mdp5094
How have people found the space in the trunk? That’s really my number 1 concern at this point. I’ve got a 30-lb Tibetan Terrier that fits well in the back of my GTI but am a little concerned with how small the GR’s trunk looks in videos.
I mean my 100lb shepherd fits in the backseat just fine lol

I mean my 100lb shepherd fits in the backseat just fine lol
I’m talking more so with the rear seats up. See below for the kind of space he’s used to.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

Dog Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover

I had a mk6 GTI before this and the GRC is noticeably smaller although it's not a big difference on paper. But the raised floor height combined with the rake of the hatch door means you've got to push stuff further in to get it to fit if that makes sense

I’m talking more so with the rear seats up. See below for the kind of space he’s used to. View attachment 7059
View attachment 7058
As the guy above me mentioned. The floor height in combination with the slanted roof like with the hatch it is a bit tight. The pup doesn’t look too big so I think they would be okay but I’d say there is less space with the seats up

Why don't you find a local Corolla hatchback and see in person? The GR only raises the floor height to fit the battery and rear differential. The storage area is small though.

Why don't you find a local Corolla hatchback and see in person? The GR only raises the floor height to fit the battery and rear differential. The storage area is small though.
Even better if you can find a HB with the factory spare tire. It’s the same height as the GR I believe. Had a HB with the spare before the GR and it seems identical.

I've tried and they're all sold so they won't even open it to let me look. It's hard to get a sense of it with the hatch closed.

Hey Guys,

Can someone please snap a pic of the trunk without the styrofoam undertray?
I'm trying to imagine a way to lower the load floor around the battery.

Has anyone imagined something similar?
Thanks,
It’s on my list to come up with a way to modify the foam for a dummy spare

I didn't' realize it till reading it in Motor Trend article as well as parking next two a new civic hatch. But the GR is a full 6 inches shorter then the new Civics. The again the new civics are basically mid sized at this point. Call me crazy but there is something special about a smaller, more nimble car imo. And these cars at least feel like a compact sporty car.

401 - 420 of 927 Posts