Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
381 - 400 of 927 Posts
Not fully understanding your answer. My question is, does the steering weight or throttle response feel different between sport/track/normal. Obviously the balance of the car and how it puts down power changes. But one reviewer said how the steering is light in normal mode, another mentioned throttle response in normal mode but never talked about it again.
I feel a noticeable change on throttle input in sport mode. Steering feeling not quite as much

O

Ok so if I’m understanding you correctly there are drive modes that you change on the dash that are independent of the GR four dial?

Yea, a little switch in front of the shifter, I feel no noticable difference between the modes. I keep steering in sport and climate control in ECO mode thorugh the dash though. Have never driven in ECO mode. Probably never will. (with the switch). Custom is fun havent really used it though. GR dial just changes "where power goes". Doesnt actually put the car in any sort of "track mode" besides putting power down via 50/50.

Yea, a little switch in front of the shifter, I feel no noticable difference between the modes. I keep steering in sport and climate control in ECO mode thorugh the dash though. Have never driven in ECO mode. Probably never will. (with the switch). Custom is fun havent really used it though. GR dial just changes "where power goes". Doesnt actually put the car in any sort of "track mode" besides putting power down via 50/50.
Thanks! I’m surprised none of the reviews really broke down the drive modes. A little confusing that they name the power split modes and also have drive modes with some overlapping names

I know about the presets, had to do those, but I still can't see how to move the FM band .2 Hz at a time. It will only keep going until it finds the next strongest station.
Lemi finish up something real quick and I'll go do it and let you know.
I primarily just play my own music or use iheart radio to listen to 107.7 the bone classic rock radio station from back home in the bay area.

Ok to to tune manually goto the radio then fm then all stations then press and hold the next track button on your steering wheel >>| that will rise each channel it can see one at a time.
Or goto your radio and select tune and inout the radio thation you want shown in this picture.

Or click on a radio station from favorites and select + or- for diff channels and scan and that will go up based off each channel it can see next or tune into next.
these are all the available tuning methods I've found. Hope this helps. It doesn't function like the manual knob where you tune with each click.
The closest thing to that is to press and hold the next channel button on your steering wheel. Or use the tune setting to input the exact channel you want
Communication Device Gadget Gesture Mobile device Portable communications device

Communication Device Gadget Flat panel display Computer Display device

O

Ok so if I’m understanding you correctly there are drive modes that you change on the dash that are independent of the GR four dial?
Yep,

there's a dial that sets the torque split. That's it.

There's a toggle that sets the drive mode. Steering weight, throttle response, and other stuff ?

They're completely independent.

Ok to to tune manually goto the radio then fm then all stations then press and hold the next track button on your steering wheel >>| that will rise each channel it can see one at a time.
Or goto your radio and select tune and inout the radio thation you want shown in this picture.

Or click on a radio station from favorites and select + or- for diff channels and scan and that will go up based off each channel it can see next or tune into next.
these are all the available tuning methods I've found. Hope this helps. It doesn't function like the manual knob where you tune with each click.
The closest thing to that is to press and hold the next channel button on your steering wheel. Or use the tune setting to input the exact channel you want View attachment 6948
View attachment 6947
So that confirms it can't go .2 Hz at a time. I've tried holding the steering wheel buttons too, but that just goes through my favorites. I wonder why they chose to not be able to do manual seeking. There are some stations in my area that will play, but don't have strong signals and get bypassed when I try hitting the +/-.

I appreciate you taking the time to look into it tho. I guess it sucks being one of the few that listens to the radio. Lol

So that confirms it can't go .2 Hz at a time. I've tried holding the steering wheel buttons too, but that just goes through my favorites. I wonder why they chose to not be able to do manual seeking. There are some stations in my area that will play, but don't have strong signals and get bypassed when I try hitting the +/-.

I appreciate you taking the time to look into it tho. I guess it sucks being one of the few that listens to the radio. Lol
I guess they figure if the signal is strong enough to listen to, the tuner should find it.

How in the heck do I permanently turn off lane keep assist?! Argh...lol
Button mash the bottom right side lol.
There’s a few buttons there, but also in the menu.

Adaptive cruise control also has a driving assist mode you can disable with the button on the right of the steering wheel.

In addition, while parked, long press on the left arrow button on the steering wheel and navigate to settings (takes like 3 clicks down when you’re on the center menu.) ; you can find your driving assist features all in the menus there.

I am not in front of the car right now, but just go with my vague memory 😂.

381 - 400 of 927 Posts