Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
341 - 360 of 426 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
I don’t know if this has been asked before, but does the iMT auto rev matching setting stay on or off depending what you set it to? I vaguely remember some YouTuber saying it is off every time you turn on the car and you need to press it every time you need to get in if you want rev matching

· Registered
212 Posts
I don’t know if this has been asked before, but does the iMT auto rev matching setting stay on or off depending what you set it to? I vaguely remember some YouTuber saying it is off every time you turn on the car and you need to press it every time you need to get in if you want rev matching
that has been my case. it's always off until I turn it on

· Registered
1,752 Posts
It’s off every time you restart the car

· Registered
353 Posts
I just thought it was strange that it isn’t a toggleable switch. Apparently a heated steering wheel is more important to stay on. 🤷‍♂️
I loveeeee leaving my heated steering wheel on and heated seats button switch on. Especially on these cold mornings when I start the car up. And let it warm up. iMT while cool, honestly I haven't used it al that much. I think its great that it has to be toggled on in order to use it. Nothing is more satisfying then executing a perfect downshift without the help of a computer to do it.

· Registered
2021 E210 Corolla, 2016 Scion FR-S (Sold)
166 Posts
I loveeeee leaving my heated steering wheel on and heated seats button switch on. Especially on these cold mornings when I start the car up. And let it warm up. iMT while cool, honestly I haven't used it al that much. I think its great that it has to be toggled on in order to use it. Nothing is more satisfying then executing a perfect downshift without the help of a computer to do it.
I agree that executing a perfect downshift while actually "going for a drive" is the best. However, for the morning commute slogs through traffic it is REALLY nice to just turn on iMT and let the car keep shifting smooth.

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
I agree that executing a perfect downshift while actually "going for a drive" is the best. However, for the morning commute slogs through traffic it is REALLY nice to just turn on iMT and let the car keep shifting smooth.
EVERY DRIVE SHOULD BE A "GOING FOR A DRIVE" EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!
IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY EVERY DRIVE, WHY DO YOU EVEN DRIVE BRO!!!!!!!??????

On a more non-comedic note, I try to enjoy every moment of my drive, or else I'd off myself in my 50-minute commute each way. (I am trying to switch jobs so that I don't waste that much time driving). But, take advantage of the fact that you have a fun car and enjoy the commute. Driving a manual car is far from tedious and should actually make you a more focused driver.

· Registered
166 Posts
EVERY DRIVE SHOULD BE A "GOING FOR A DRIVE" EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!
IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY EVERY DRIVE, WHY DO YOU EVEN DRIVE BRO!!!!!!!??????

On a more non-comedic note, I try to enjoy every moment of my drive, or else I'd off myself in my 50-minute commute each way. (I am trying to switch jobs so that I don't waste that much time driving). But, take advantage of that you have a fun car and enjoy the commute. Driving a manual car is far from tedious and should actually make you a more focused driver.
Racecar backwards is still racecar, because racecar is life.

I do get what you're saying though, and I do get those urges sometimes commuting and I'll go into "stig driving mode". :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
67 Posts
Racecar backwards is still racecar, because racecar is life.

I do get what you're saying though, and I do get those urges sometimes commuting and I'll go into "stig driving mode". :ROFLMAO:
And remember you can always sleep in your car but you can’t race a house. ;);)

· Registered
2016 Taco; 2022 Telluride
54 Posts
this is one selling point for me as the wife is more willing to drive it if necessary. so i have coined it "wife mode".

· Registered
166 Posts
this is one selling point for me as the wife is more willing to drive it if necessary. so i have coined it "wife mode".
Wife mode is good, I'm gonna steal that. My wife is in the same boat, she's actually excited to drive and give it a chance now that there are some assists.

341 - 360 of 426 Posts