Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Subaru WRX / 2022 4Runner
49 Posts
I’ve been curious what insurance rates were going to look like for the GRC and if the insurance companies will see it as anything but a Corolla hatch. So now that we have VINs floating around, I plugged one into my GEICO app and it didn’t recognize it 😐

Someone mentioned that the vins that are public now are temporary vins while the car is being built so that might be why Geico wouldn't recognize it.

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Someone mentioned that the vins that are public now are temporary vins while the car is being built so that might be why Geico wouldn't recognize it.
The one I found didn’t have letters at the end. From what I was told and read about, the temp vins use letters for the last 3 or 4 digits.
But who knows at this point 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
199 Posts
Back in July/August I thought I was being conservative by guessing we would have them by Thanksgiving. 😐
It was around that time that supposedly production had started, although that clearly wasn't the case. Most recently I saw that date happened to be October 28th.

Yeah. I know. Parts shortage. Blah blah blah

Pull materials away from other models then. At least to get over the Initial hump of probably the most saught after Toyota vehicle in history. I don't think they realize how badly they're botching this whole thing. What a joke. Get it together Toyota!!!!

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
199 Posts
First in line at 2 dealers apparently, but just started the house hunting process and the loan officer said “absolutely do not take out any loans before consulting me, especially if we’re under contract for a home.”

Welp guess waiting isn’t the worst thing anymore for me.
Sound advice... the same thing I did when buying our first house. I've heard of people losing their house at the singing of their papers, they ran another check and because they bought a new car the day before, their DTI flew out the window and they lost the house.

·
Super Moderator
2,921 Posts
Sound advice... the same thing I did when buying our first house. I've heard of people losing their house at the singing of their papers, they ran another check and because they bought a new car the day before, their DTI flew out the window and they lost the house.
Happened to someone I knew. Kept talking about the how it’s within that credit pull window but didn’t realize DTI is also important. Lol

·
Registered
‘15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
242 Posts
Yep, hoping for a solid raise over the next few months which would definitely help my case. Dealer also just called me saying “no new news.”
Also asked them about timeline once they get allocated one and they expected 10-12 weeks for shipping.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
153 Posts
First in line at 2 dealers apparently, but just started the house hunting process and the loan officer said “absolutely do not take out any loans before consulting me, especially if we’re under contract for a home.”

Welp guess waiting isn’t the worst thing anymore for me.
Just math it out. Are you taking a $0 down loan on the Corolla? How expensive of a house are you looking at? If you are putting $20k down on the car and have saved up a decent down payment on the house, the $20k car loan shouldn’t move the needle that much.

Middle age story time: I’ve been approved for over 3x my household income for both home loans I’ve taken out. That would have been an absolutely ridiculous loan to take out, IMO. My first house was ~2x my household base salary. I could have paid it off within 8 years but we were ready to move at that time and put the payoff toward a new house. My 2nd house was ~2.4x our base salary and we paid it off this year (7 years after loan origination). Buying what we needed and not much beyond that really gave us some options to get out of debt quickly.

More unsolicited advice: Consider what you really need in a house. Bigger sq footage means more expenses in heating/cooling, furniture, etc. I honestly wish I’d gone a little smaller on my current house, but good school district and 3 car garage limited my price range to a degree. A lot of wasted space that is filled with “stuff”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 96 of 96 Posts