Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

Registered
I can definitely see where you鈥檙e coming from, but just from a resale point, it鈥檚 a big deal to have the performance pack. $1180 for the addition of front and rear diffs is honestly a good deal. It would cost multiples of that to do it aftermarket. You probably couldn鈥檛 get a single diff yet alone two installed for $1180 new.
I agree that's a fantastic price. I paid more than that for one Wavetrac and misc install components on my focus. And I did the work myself.

Registered
Is there anything else that we're waiting for?

Had previously been waiting for embargo lifts and we got all the videos of reviews. Is there any word of reviewers getting their hands on them for extended times?

Or is it really just waiting until first deliveries are made and people get them?

Banned

Had previously been waiting for embargo lifts and we got all the videos of reviews. Is there any word of reviewers getting their hands on them for extended times?

Or is it really just waiting until first deliveries are made and people get them?
I think we're waiting for Toyota to start building the cars.馃槣

Super Moderator

Kirk and other reviewers should be getting some to review soon, this week or the next

Registered
Dealing with all the dealer BS, just feel like saying this out loud.. an ordered BRZ and 10-15k in mods is better than a random pain in the ass allocation for 3-10k mark up GRC. Going that direction if it doesn鈥檛 become a more reasonable experience to get a GRC.

Registered
Dealing with all the dealer BS, just feel like saying this out loud.. an ordered BRZ and 10-15k in mods is better than a random pain in the ass allocation for 3-10k mark up GRC. Going that direction if it doesn鈥檛 become a more reasonable experience to get a GRC.
I disagree. It's still a 2wd 2 seater car Compared to an AWD 4 seater.

Although if you had said "walking to work is better than dealing with 3 to 10k markup on a GRC" I would have definitely agreed.

Registered
鈥21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I disagree. It's still a 2wd 2 seater car Compared to an AWD 4 seater.

Although if you had said "walking to work is better than dealing with 3 to 10k markup on a GRC" I would have definitely agreed.
I think the gr86 is more of a 2.5 seater. You could easily fit one small child back there. 馃槀

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I鈥檝e been curious what insurance rates were going to look like for the GRC and if the insurance companies will see it as anything but a Corolla hatch. So now that we have VINs floating around, I plugged one into my GEICO app and it didn鈥檛 recognize it 馃槓

Registered
I鈥檝e been curious what insurance rates were going to look like for the GRC and if the insurance companies will see it as anything but a Corolla hatch. So now that we have VINs floating around, I plugged one into my GEICO app and it didn鈥檛 recognize it 馃槓
I feel like they're definitely going to see it differently. But overall I think it will be cheaper to insure than an STI or focus RS. Slightly different demographic and lower production so ideally lower opportunities for theft and more responsible drivers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I feel like they're definitely going to see it differently. But overall I think it will be cheaper to insure than an STI or focus RS. Slightly different demographic and lower production so ideally lower opportunities for theft and more responsible drivers.
Plus the Toyota safety and reliability will likely play in. The rates I get for my tundra are wildly lower than friends who drive trucks from the big three.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts