Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve (and @DocRoc24 too) have been thinking this site needed a thread like this for some time, since we get off in the weeds so often in other threads and mods have to step in and redirect.

On the truck sites I moderate we have BS threadsimilar to this and they are wildly popular.

So don’t hold back, post here about any little thing (CoC approved of course) that’s on your mind. Start discussions about things GRC or non-GRC related, just say hi, and etc!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I’ve (and @DocRoc24 too) have been thinking this site needed a thread like this for some time, since we get off in the weeds so often in other threads and mods have to step in and redirect.

On the truck sites I moderate we have BS threadsimilar to this and they are wildly popular.

So don’t hold back, post here about any little thing (CoC approved of course) that’s on your mind. Start discussions about things GRC or non-GRC related, just say hi, and etc!
"KEEP MY [FORUM] NAME OUT YA DAMN MOUTH!!" lol

To continue the dealer updates thread, I think the GRC will be practical for me for at least the next 3-5 years. No kids yet, but enough room for car seats. Fun driving. And fulfills my wife's requirement that our car purchases are either Honda/Toyota. Also yes, have to fit day to day Costco runs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have not been in the loop, has there been a comparison test between GRC and Focus RS?

I am anticipating that I won’t be able to test drive the Corolla before the dealer receives the check. How do I know if it’s better than my RS that I’ve enjoyed for 5 years?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have not been in the loop, has there been a comparison test between GRC and Focus RS?

I am anticipating that I won’t be able to test drive the Corolla before the dealer receives the check. How do I know if it’s better than my RS that I’ve enjoyed for 5 years?
Ehhh, not a direct comparison like on a track together. Everyday driver just released a video a few hours ago explaining differences while they drive each on public back roads.

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"KEEP MY [FORUM] NAME OUT YA DAMN MOUTH!!" lol

To continue the dealer updates thread, I think the GRC will be practical for me for at least the next 3-5 years. No kids yet, but enough room for car seats. Fun driving. And fulfills my wife's requirement that our car purchases are either Honda/Toyota. Also yes, have to fit day to day Costco runs.
😂😂😂
Glad you weren’t too offended I ran with your suggestion.

My thing is that I do have a kid, so the larger (compared to a gr86) backseat is a plus. I have the truck for hauling and large grocery trips, but the GRC will be a super fun around town car and twisty road weekend rider.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Why would they do a comparison with a car that isn't made anymore, and won't be made anymore in a newer form?

And of course it's going to be better than the RS. It's a Ford.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why would they do a comparison with a car that isn't made anymore, and won't be made anymore in a newer form?

Because it’s the last hot hatch made with the same general recipe, and there are a lot of us with RS considering the Corolla. Ford builds excellent cars and the RS is one of them.

·
Registered
‘15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
247 Posts
My take, Hyundai made a mistake not making an AWD powertrain for their current cars to compete against the GRC. Yes it would weigh more and yes it would cost more but that’s a sacrifice many are willing to take. Torque steer is annoying and putting down power when the conditions aren’t perfect is nice. Plus the Hyundai N blue looks 10x better than any GRC color offerings.

Hey I’ll have you know my Fiesta is a riot, just don’t look at the paint quality.

·
Banned
452 Posts
The Focus RS out of all the cars I've ever owned or test driven (thete have been a lot), has by a long way the harshest, most uncomfortable, most brutal, most jarring ride quality.
Shame because the rest of the car was pretty good, aside from the engines grenading.
Om hoping the GRC will have all the good qualities of the RS, without the horrible, obnoxious ride quality.
One other flaw with the RS was the very unusual front seat angles, your knees were so much higher than your butt.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts