Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

E-brake thoughts

5K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Wynorrific 
#1 ·
Do they offer any Corolla with a manual e-brake anywhere? Wonder if they will give it one to make it more inline with a rally car.

I have very found memories having great fun sliding around every corner I could in winter driving my wife's Isuzu Imark Turbo hatchback. Seems like it would be a shame to not have one in the GRC.

#2 ·
Do they offer any Corolla with a manual e-brake anywhere? Wonder if they will give it one to make it more inline with a rally car.

I have very found memories having great fun sliding around every corner I could in winter driving my wife's Isuzu Imark Turbo hatchback. Seems like it would be a shame to not have one in the GRC.
As it stands the standard Corolla is an electric handbrake/ebrake.

#3 ·
But since they are redesigning the tunnel to have AWD it wouldn't be unthinkable to put in a manual e-brake. Only a different trim piece would be required. The Yaris has a manual one (I'm sure there normal one has one as well but that's not the point I'm making).

Seems like they couldn't have any rally race heritage with a push button ebrake.

#4 ·
Well that’s the thing we’re just speculating. No one knows what’s what until the official reveal. I will say the possibility of a handbrake is high just because the GR-Four AWD has a function where when the handbrake is pulled, it disconnects the rear axle.

but there’s always that small possibility it could keep things simple like the electronic ebrake as it’s been said to be a road/racing type hatch more then a rally car like the Yaris. But we’ll see soon.

#9 ·
TheGreatGazoo posted a good render of it in the other thread. I think that render is basically what we'll see but less red on the dash with a slightly different center console to fit a manual e-brake. I will be thoroughly surpised and happy if they make it really special but I'm not going to keep my hopes up
Here's the photo in reference:
Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.