Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
Suzuki GSXR750L7 Legacy 3.0R 6MT
351 Posts
Matte Gray is the worst colour imaginable. Every time I see it it's like undercote and the car drove straight through the spray booth without stopping. Absolute suicide colour for safety must be worse than black.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Matte Gray is the worst colour imaginable. Every time I see it it's like undercote and the car drove straight through the spray booth without stopping. Absolute suicide colour for safety must be worse than black.
I've driven a Matte gray car for 8 years...lol. I've never been concerned for safety, well, with respects to visibility. And Matte Gray paint is definitely a lot more complex than flat gray primer (as suggested by your impression that it looks like an undercoat).

·
Banned
351 Posts
Wait what? Yellow is a color choice for the GRC in your region?
No I just told the dealer that's the colour I want.

If you don't ask you don't get. One can only hope they copy the Nitro Yellow of the new supra but I have a bad feeling the circuit edition will be heavy metal only.

If enough people request the same colour maybe they will make it.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
674 Posts
Hopefully sales remain high to sustain the GRC for a number of years, in which case I'm sure there will special editions in other colors, just like Toyota has done for other models. I keep hopes, but wonder, the GRC to me seems to be even more niche than the GR86 and Supra.

·
Registered
1991 Mustang GT, 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback
93 Posts
Hopefully sales remain high to sustain the GRC for a number of years, in which case I'm sure there will special editions in other colors, just like Toyota has done for other models. I keep hopes, but wonder, the GRC to me seems to be even more niche than the GR86 and Supra.
Idk, if the price is mid 30s for a base core I think it will be more popular than the GR86 just for simply having a usable backseat. Also stealing sales from the non-existent WRX STI will help bolster it a bit. I'd have to look up sales numbers but I think it should at least match if not exceed GR86/BRZ sales IF (big if) Toyota is willing to make that many units. Or maybe I'm just biased because I want a GRC.

EDIT: Wikipedia has 86/BRZ combined sales numbers for 2018 and 2019 at 7980 and 5732 respectively. The 8000 units a year for future production after first year already beats that. Granted the refresh might jump sales a bit I still think it would be competitive sales numbers if Toyota can produce enough GRCs to meet demand.

·
Super Moderator
2,915 Posts
Idk, if the price is mid 30s for a base core I think it will be more popular than the GR86 just for simply having a usable backseat. Also stealing sales from the non-existent WRX STI will help bolster it a bit. I'd have to look up sales numbers but I think it should at least match if not exceed GR86/BRZ sales IF (big if) Toyota is willing to make that many units. Or maybe I'm just biased because I want a GRC.
I don’t know about that. Lol.

I’m curious to see how it does after the hype dies down though.

·
Registered
1991 Mustang GT, 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback
93 Posts
I don’t know about that. Lol.

I’m curious to see how it does after the hype dies down though.
Are you saying my love of hatchbacks might be blinding me???? You might be right. I do think they should be in the same ballpark at least for sales.

On another more thread specific note I just want a flat gray color option. I'd take heavy metal but I don't think I can get a circuit. I'd also take a GRC in the orange that Lexus uses.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Mine would be the bright red offered on the other 2 GR models. Not the Camry crimson They've shown. I hope they replace it in the second model year.
Its "Supersonic Red" that's not crimson.

Will probably be a metallic as well.

Doesn't sound like it will be any more than a 3 colour choice......if your lucky.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts