Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
That would be up to you really. IF you were able to get on a list to get a circuit at this point, the only reason would be an insane markup. and I mean it will probably cost in the range of 60-70k after the ADM they would want for people NOT to already be in line for it. If you waited for them to show up on places like BaT, I would bet a circuit would cost even more than that.

A core is possible but you are still probably years down the waitlist on those as well.
True, I hear what your saying. But there is no way it would make any sense to buy the Circuit Edition at 60k plus. That's just silly when you can then just buy a new M2 for beyond 60k.. what I'm trying to say is, there no issues paying extra to get something very limited but at what point do you say 1.6L is worth 70k, 80k, or what ever they would be listed for on aftermarket sites?

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
True, I hear what your saying. But there is no way it would make any sense to buy the Circuit Edition at 60k plus. That's just silly when you can then just buy a new M2 for beyond 60k.. what I'm trying to say is, there no issues paying extra to get something very limited but at what point do you say 1.6L is worth 70k, 80k, or what ever they would be listed for on aftermarket sites?
Honestly if you have options go with whatever you can get for MSRP. The car is exciting but realistically the experience might not be worth the money for some people.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,837 Posts
Understandable, I'll keep faith but I'm not holding my breath to get one of these. I mean is a 1.6L really worth 50k plus?
Elises were almost double that for a 1.8L.... I agree mostly with what you're saying but don't just put the engine displacement into account

·
Registered
266 Posts
Placing that value is all up to you. No one else can decide what that price threshold is for you. I am just saying that being this late you probably don't have any other options if you HAVE to have a circuit, or even want a core by 2023.

I know if I am able to get a circuit, I would blow off any offers from people as I have no intention of trying to sell it. Someone would have to offer me at least double the cost for me to consider letting go of it.

Just trying to say that realistically I think anything reasonably priced is WELL off the table at this point for having a circuit or having a core in the 1st year as I am sure they are all spoken for for a couple years out at least unless you do something outrageous to get ahold of one.

Keep calling around though.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Placing that value is all up to you. No one else can decide what that price threshold is for you. I am just saying that being this late you probably don't have any other options if you HAVE to have a circuit, or even want a core by 2023.

I know if I am able to get a circuit, I would blow off any offers from people as I have no intention of trying to sell it. Someone would have to offer me at least double the cost for me to consider letting go of it.

Just trying to say that realistically I think anything reasonably priced is WELL off the table at this point for having a circuit or having a core in the 1st year as I am sure they are all spoken for for a couple years out at least unless you do something outrageous to get ahold of one.

Keep calling around though.
I've called 6 dealers in my area today. Every convo went like this;

ME: Hi I'd like to see if I can get on a waitlist for the very limited GR Corola, is there someone I can speak to that is knowledgeable on this vehicle?
Salesman: oh really, let me check to see if we can help you or have something like that.
Salesman: yea so we don't have any lists or even the ability to put you on a list since we don't see that car available on our end.
ME: gotcha, yea the car is super limited so I was trying to get on a list to be first to call when you have one allocated.
Salesman: there's no list unfortunately, just we can take your name an number and when I see it on my end I'll call you to let you know we have it.

All 6 dealers conversation went like this. No actual list, just taking my name and number to call me when the car comes to the dealership.

So I guess the people on a "waitlist" have some amazing dealerships near them :coffee:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've called 6 dealers in my area today. Every convo went like this;

ME: Hi I'd like to see if I can get on a waitlist for the very limited GR Corola, is there someone I can speak to that is knowledgeable on this vehicle?
Salesman: oh really, let me check to see if we can help you or have something like that.
Salesman: yea so we don't have any lists or even the ability to put you on a list since we don't see that car available on our end.
ME: gotcha, yea the car is super limited so I was trying to get on a list to be first to call when you have one allocated.
Salesman: there's no list unfortunately, just we can take your name an number and when I see it on my end I'll call you to let you know we have it.

All 6 dealers conversation went like this. No actual list, just taking my name and number to call me when the car comes to the dealership.

So I guess the people on a "waitlist" have some amazing dealerships near them :coffee:
There are some that are not doing lists so you may have a chance at those if you are first at the door when they arrive and willing to pay their adm. But you also only called 6 dealers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
To be fair calling 6 dealers or more is just going to piss them off. There are no end of "Tyre Kickers" out there and to be honest just them taking your name and contact details is enough at this stage.

I only visited ONE dealer, he took all my details and I'm in constant e-mail contact with him and totally unprompted he has already sent me the August update.

The USA appears to be totally different and the Mafia are running your dealerships with ridiculous markup ups, still if you fools want to play that game its up to you. If the car ends up a stupid price for what it is over here I will just walk away as I have no deposit on it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
To be fair calling 6 dealers or more is just going to piss them off. There are no end of "Tyre Kickers" out there and to be honest just them taking your name and contact details is enough at this stage.

I only visited ONE dealer, he took all my details and I'm in constant e-mail contact with him and totally unprompted he has already sent me the August update.

The USA appears to be totally different and the Mafia are running your dealerships with ridiculous markup ups, still if you fools want to play that game its up to you. If the car ends up a stupid price for what it is over here I will just walk away as I have no deposit on it.
It works very differently here. either they are doing waitlists or not and typically to be on the waitlist you need to pay a deposit as your placeholder so the list is not full of flakers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just an aside about “waitlists.” It’s a fantasy to think that any dealer has a buyer’s list that is 100% chronological in the order that people contacted them. Friends and family of dealer principals will always get first shot at limited cars followed by VIP repeat customers. People who randomly called in, even those with deposits, will be next. It works this way for high end watches and some other luxury items as well.
I am friends with a dealer principal but he’s already told me the first three cars will go to family and a Gulf States employee then me. Their group has multiple brand dealerships including two big city/high volume Toyota stores so I firmly believe I will be offered a car. I am not willing to pay an ADM so hopefully that won’t even come up.
Just remember too that there’s always a food chain at any dealership. The salesman is at the lowest level, several managers above them will ultimately decide who gets an allocation on a hot car.

·
Registered
cx5 signature edition
24 Posts
I don't. I'm totally not interested in playing that game. I know for a fact people will pay too much, drive it for a year, and hate the car and they will show up with a few thousand miles on dealers lots. It happens with every single car like this. Bought my BRZ with 3000 miles for for $25k.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Talking BRZ they are going for silly money here really.

Seriously I was hoping to be paying $70K for a brand new GRC CE but when you look at prices like this it gets you worried. That's just silly money and more expensive that the very top spec last generation STi premium edition was brand new ($65k) with the sunroof the Recaro seats, 4WD the works. I mean someone nicked the turbo out of it the car is not comparable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Talking BRZ they are going for silly money here really.

Seriously I was hoping to be paying $70K for a brand new GRC CE but when you look at prices like this it gets you worried. That's just silly money and more expensive that the very top spec last generation STi premium edition was brand new ($65k) with the sunroof the Recaro seats, 4WD the works. I mean someone nicked the turbo out of it the car is not comparable.
Lol that’s more than new 3.0 Supra premium prices here

·
Registered
165 Posts
You have to factor in the exchange rate and the fact most of you are apparently be paying ADM which will mean your probably going to be paying more for a GR Corolla CE than we are for a GR Supra.

Probably a different spec car as well for our market so very hard to have a direct comparison.

Market went silly here, The STi got discontinued and suddenly the prices for used ones doubled overnight. Pretty sad state of affairs when people stop being a driving enthusiast and start buying cars for an "Investment" to just buy and then try and sell for a huge profit.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts