Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am getting disheartened and don't know if I should be trying to get on more than 1 dealer list. I am #3 with a refundable deposit on my local dealer but I am sure they will attempt markups (Which I probably won't buy unless it's less than 1k) The problem is now finding MSRP only dealers which they are not very upfront about sometimes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m not on any list but I’m not too worried. I predict increased interest rates will “dry up” some of the interest for this vehicle. Along with any other potential financial occurrences that may or may not happen.

Plus I’ve got first dibs on the new Type R at MSRP. I put a deposit down on a Type R that was supposed to be allocated to a dealership right before the whole chip shortage thing happened. Long story short, the car was never made. So now they’re letting me have access to the first one they get.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is what happens when guys get on lists at 10 plus dealers. Dealers think they have something with more demand than there actually is. We all need to back away for a bit…
Nah, they will just have the car sitting on the lot when they realize that multiple people were on multiple lists
I am getting disheartened and don't know if I should be trying to get on more than 1 dealer list. I am #3 with a refundable deposit on my local dealer but I am sure they will attempt markups (Which I probably won't buy unless it's less than 1k) The problem is now finding MSRP only dealers which they are not very upfront about sometimes.
I would just stop thinking about the car until the dealerships actually get msrp and allocation. No point in worrying. We will get that information soon, probably end of June or early August during the first drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Houston, which has something like 12 dealers, only three or four accepted deposits. One of which was non-refundable. I placed a #3 deposit at one that was refundable.

I am on the "call list" at a few others. Hoping to be the first when deposits open. My goal is a Circuit, but I should be safe for a Core if it doesn't pan out.
which dealer did you go to? I got my deposit at jeff haas toyota world

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a buddy who is General Manager over a couple of Toyota stores in Central Texas. Texted him back in September the day of the official announcement, he didn't seem to even be aware at the time.
A couple of weeks ago he updated me saying I would be #4 on the list with the first three going to the owner's son, a Gulf States employee, and a GM of another dealership in the group.
His current understanding is it will be a bit of a lottery, his inventory guy says they will be offered a random selection in the beginning. No firm idea yet on price or arrival but this fall seems likely, I told him I want a red one if at all possible.
I have known my friend through our cycling hobby and he has gotten me some smokin' deals on a couple of MINI's through his contacts in past. I am not expecting a discount on this but believe it will be MSRP with nothing else added.
My current ride is a '19 Golf R manual, still debating if I will keep it or not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would just stop thinking about the car until the dealerships actually get msrp and allocation. No point in worrying. We will get that information soon, probably end of June or early August during the first drive.
Problem is, I really wanted to replace my car sooner than later to avoid putting any more money in it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a buddy who is General Manager over a couple of Toyota stores in Central Texas. Texted him back in September the day of the official announcement, he didn't seem to even be aware at the time.
A couple of weeks ago he updated me saying I would be #4 on the list with the first three going to the owner's son, a Gulf States employee, and a GM of another dealership in the group.
His current understanding is it will be a bit of a lottery, his inventory guy says they will be offered a random selection in the beginning. No firm idea yet on price or arrival but this fall seems likely, I told him I want a red one if at all possible.
I have known my friend through our cycling hobby and he has gotten me some smokin' deals on a couple of MINI's through his contacts in past. I am not expecting a discount on this but believe it will be MSRP with nothing else added.
My current ride is a '19 Golf R manual, still debating if I will keep it or not.
There it is. Many on here have said this would happen and now we are seeing it unfold. You were most likely the first to show interest in the GRC there (and should rightly have the first spot on the list), but due to company connections they reserved the top spots for those connections, bumping you down to #4. Just sad. But at least your friend can hopefully get you MSRP.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Problem is, I really wanted to replace my car sooner than later to avoid putting any more money in it.
If you're pinching pennies and not willing to pay a reasonable amount of ADM or wait a few years till things may possibly cool down for this car, you should probably look at something more common like a civic SI or WRX where the demand is not out of control.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Im not on a list yet, yes, late asf to this. But I'm willing to pay an ADM to get a Circuit GR. I understand the discontent with ADM but I really want a Circuit and am willing to pay extra plus down paypment. I'm also gonna pay cash for full purchase price. How can I leverage this to gurantee a circuit gr?

·
Registered
170 Posts
New car sales in our country confirmed today as down 20% and used cars coming in down 37%.

Interest rates guaranteed to rise steeply to Christmas at least so new car sales are going to go off a cliff. I suspect there will be no problem getting a GRC come 2023.

I'm expecting new cars sales down 50 to 80% by Christmas. If you have not already got the cash the interest rates are going to kill it over here as we do not have 30 year fixed home mortgages they renew every 1 to 5 years. People over here are going to get into huge strife as house prices went up 30% in under 2 years so new cars are off the menu.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Im not on a list yet, yes, late asf to this. But I'm willing to pay an ADM to get a Circuit GR. I understand the discontent with ADM but I really want a Circuit and am willing to pay extra plus down paypment. I'm also gonna pay cash for full purchase price. How can I leverage this to gurantee a circuit gr?
You better start trying to get on a waitlist now then. even ADM dealerships have waitlists already(most of them are ADM). The only ones that may have a spot for a circuit are the ones wanting 20-25k ADM.

I think you're way too late and none of that will give any leverage since a lot of people(at least here) are already doing that and were on a list from day 1 or earlier.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Gotcha, as much as I want this car. 25k adm is to high for the actual car imo. I just love how small the GR is and have always wanted a hatch! I'm in for 10k maybe 15k over msrp max. But in any case, I guess I'll have to call around and see what the dealers say.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
My experience thus far is laughable. Visited 2 dealers in person and called 2 dealers. Each time I asked to speak specifically to someone knowledgeable on the reserving or being added to a waitlist for a GR Corolla. Each salesman is a robot. They just feed you the same exact line about taking your name and number and calling you just like any other toyota. No actual list for the very very limited GR. It's just there word that you'll be the first to know when it's available. Which to me is a big lie when they are likely to get only get one edition. Anyways, I'm pretty sure the circuit edition will be bought by those who have a secure connection. My best bet would be to buy this car for insane markup private sale.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My experience thus far is laughable. Visited 2 dealers in person and called 2 dealers. Each time I asked to speak specifically to someone knowledgeable on the reserving or being added to a waitlist for a GR Corolla. Each salesman is a robot. They just feed you the same exact line about taking your name and number and calling you just like any other toyota. No actual list for the very very limited GR. It's just there word that you'll be the first to know when it's available. Which to me is a big lie when they are likely to get only get one edition. Anyways, I'm pretty sure the circuit edition will be bought by those who have a secure connection. My best bet would be to buy this car for insane markup private sale.
Could be they just stopped waitlisting. Toyota did tell dealers to stop taking orders as most dealers waitlists are years out. anything past #7 or 8 on the list is most likely already into 2024.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Could be they just stopped waitlisting. Toyota did tell dealers to stop taking orders as most dealers waitlists are years out. anything past #7 or 8 on the list is most likely already into 2024.
Understandable, I'll keep faith but I'm not holding my breath to get one of these. I mean is a 1.6L really worth 50k plus?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Understandable, I'll keep faith but I'm not holding my breath to get one of these. I mean is a 1.6L really worth 50k plus?
That would be up to you really. IF you were able to get on a list to get a circuit at this point, the only reason would be an insane markup. and I mean it will probably cost in the range of 60-70k after the ADM they would want for people NOT to already be in line for it. If you waited for them to show up on places like BaT, I would bet a circuit would cost even more than that.

A core is possible but you are still probably years down the waitlist on those as well.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts