Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for putting this out there. I really hope this is the case and that there will be decent availability within a year or two.
Yeah, people will still have to wait, but I still think these articles are more doomsday than they need to be. Just need to be patient and you may just have to wait until 2024 which will probably have more options anyway so it could be a win win.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I don't think it was slower, they just sold out until 2023. But they did update saying they will produce more so I guess I did misinterpreted the meaning.
"Selling out" and committed to produce more doesn't imply producing faster. If you can find production numbers to suggest a faster rate, I would love to see them. I can only see that the GR Yaris production had been suspended various times due to Covid-19 closures and chip shortages. This is corroborated by the fact if you go on GRY forums, people's orders have been getting month long delays.

Here is a quote from someone last week:

Just went to Toyota Darlington today ref my late April 2021 order today. The car still hasn't been allocated a build slot though still showing as a Sept 12th 2022 delivery.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think you're confusing extending production with increasing production rate. They're producing at the same (or slower; I think it's actually been going notably slower than projected) rate, but they promised to produce more to satisfy more demand.
Also Im not trying to say I know what will happen, its just my guess by connecting what the market has done, what toyota has done in the past and looking at articles like "its going to be hard to get one" or " toyota asked dealers to stop taking orders" because there are dealers that have taken well over 50 orders which will not be fulfilled for a long time. There are dealers that only took 15-20 which is a far more realistic goal to get people their cars within the next 1-2 years (2023 and 2024 models). I still don't think people need to worry if they are anywhere from 1-10 on the list because you will get people canceling orders once allocation and pricing drops and also after the FOMO goes away.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, people will still have to wait, but I still think these articles are more doomsday than they need to be. Just need to be patient and you may just have to wait until 2024 which will probably have more options anyway so it could be a win win.
Plus they'll work any bugs out by then too. I definitely agree that it will be tough getting one however I do believe interest will fall off after pricing is announced and some people will certainly bail as their number comes up.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Also Im not trying to say I know what will happen, its just my guess by connecting what the market has done, what toyota has done in the past and looking at articles like "its going to be hard to get one" or " toyota asked dealers to stop taking orders" because there are dealers that have taken well over 50 orders which will not be fulfilled for a long time. There are dealers that only took 15-20 which is a far more realistic goal to get people their cars within the next 1-2 years (2023 and 2024 models). I still don't think people need to worry if they are anywhere from 1-10 on the list because you will get people canceling orders once allocation and pricing drops and also after the FOMO goes away.
You believe what you want, lol. I only commented because false info can spread fast - like how there was an "article" that demand was low (Canada specific, and not an article, just another member sharing their experience), or that allocation is fair and even (it's not), or that GRY production rate was increased (no evidence, and in fact, evidence suggest the opposite).

·
Registered
120 Posts
"Selling out" and committed to produce more doesn't imply producing faster. If you can find production numbers to suggest a faster rate, I would love to see them. I can only see that the GR Yaris production had been suspended various times due to Covid-19 closures and chip shortages. This is corroborated by the fact if you go on GRY forums, people's orders have been getting month long delays.

Here is a quote from someone last week:
I un
You believe what you want, lol. I only commented because false info can spread fast - like how there was an "article" that demand was low (Canada specific, and not an article, just another member sharing their experience), or that allocation is fair and even (it's not), or that GRY production rate was increased (no evidence, and in fact, evidence suggest the opposite).
Its fair in region based, not fair across the whole country. Again it is and has been in my experience. Sorry your state doesn't experience the same. There was an article that I did read, it could have had false info but it was there. I can say I misinterpreted what was said about the GRY production. But YOU can believe what YOU want to lol. Either way ill br happy whenever I get the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not on a waiting list and don't plan to. My dealer knows I'm interested and are supposed to call me when the first one comes in so I can put my eyeballs on the actual car, but I'm very content to let the first year roll out so we can see what response is and how difficult it is to get the car. I get the feeling that come MY 2024 or 2025 some other cool editions will come out and I can buy one in a color I'm actually in love with, with much less hassle then.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm not on a waiting list and don't plan to. My dealer knows I'm interested and are supposed to call me when the first one comes in so I can put my eyeballs on the actual car, but I'm very content to let the first year roll out so we can see what response is and how difficult it is to get the car. I get the feeling that come MY 2024 or 2025 some other cool editions will come out and I can buy one in a color I'm actually in love with, with much less hassle then.
I am just not hopeful toyota will come out with any cool colors for this. They do decently on some colors in the offroad trd pro models like Inferno Red, Quicksand and Army green, but everything else so far from them seems meh.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,837 Posts
I am just not hopeful toyota will come out with any cool colors for this. They do decently on some colors in the offroad trd pro models like Inferno Red, Quicksand and Army green, but everything else so far from them seems meh.
If they ever do Cement Gray on a GRC, I'm all in

·
Registered
266 Posts
If they ever do Cement Gray on a GRC, I'm all in
It looks like they never take those colors to anything besides the 4runner, tacoma and tundra - at least so far. I also would not mind a cement gray CE, but Heavymetal would be close enough for now lol. Lime Rush would actually be sort of cool, but on a small hatch it would look like some kids car.

I do plan to repaint my G35 some flashy color but its pretty much a show/race car only and is pretty big so it doesn't look like some radical clown car.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,837 Posts
It looks like they never take those colors to anything besides the 4runner, tacoma and tundra - at least so far. I also would not mind a cement gray CE, but Heavymetal would be close enough for now lol. Lime Rush would actually be sort of cool, but on a small hatch it would look like some kids car.

I do plan to repaint my G35 some flashy color but its pretty much a show/race car only and is pretty big so it doesn't look like some radical clown car.
And the FJ but that was limited to the 2,500 2013 Trail Teams models. I bet they'll do the Blue Flame at one point but highly doubt CG would make it to a car but can always wrap it that colour or repaint if you're feeling spendy. Throtl did an MR2 one time and it looked amazing in Cement Gray. It's just my favourite colour they've ever done. Looks solid gray or pearlescent powder blue depending on the lighting

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not on a list. I'll wait for all the people who want to be first have at it. I'm not in a rush, so I can wait for MY24 or just get something else.

I currently have a Tesla Model 3 that I'm planning to sell for it. Worse case scenario I keep the tesla.

·
Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty
331 Posts
Those of us that really want this car are anxious. It makes sense. None of us really know for sure and are using logic to try to guesstimate.

The best all of us can do is try to remain optimistic but prepare ourselves for the possibility of a rough launch. I think we'll all definitely end up with one if we stick it out, but it'll be an arduous journey.

We're in this together!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm not on any list and the dealerships that I've called around San Diego don't seem to have any information about the GRC. I'm certain that if there is a list, they are going to add ADM and I'm not going to pay over MSRP. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to play the waiting game.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also not on any list yet. I dragged my feet on calling a bunch of dealerships and i know my local yoda dealer Westbury Toyota does some greedy markups. Just left there, after they said gr corolla will have $30k ADM. NOPE! Gonna keep trying but I think I'mma have to go out of state or be scammed. Here in low state NY I doubt any dealerships will not have a markup and if they do their list is gonna be long af. I should not have dragged my feet so stupid.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am also not on any list yet. I dragged my feet on calling a bunch of dealerships and i know my local yoda dealer Westbury Toyota does some greedy markups. Just left there, after they said gr corolla will have $30k ADM. NOPE! Gonna keep trying but I think I'mma have to go out of state or be scammed. Here in low state NY I doubt any dealerships will not have a markup and if they do their list is gonna be long af. I should not have dragged my feet so stupid.
That is such fing bullshit 30k that’s nearly 2x the cost of the car. If speculation is right

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm from NY and I'm going to college around the Albany area. I secured a few top slots for the GR and recently called a few other dealers just out of curiosity and was given the 1 slot at Lia Toyota, it's currently a "wishlist" whatever that means. This was 1-2days ago, but I also talked to a few reps around the area and even the launch supra sat for a while. Everything is MSRP from all 4 dealers I spoke to as well, even the GR86. Nothing is required in terms of a $500 deposit or anything. Most dealers in the area all got 1 launch supras in the area so that might indicate the spread of the CE if you're interested in that, but def not as high numbers as downstate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wth is this? A Ferrari? geeez

61 - 80 of 113 Posts