Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1961 - 1980 of 2082 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

Confirmed, saw it on their insta as well. That's nuts. I suppose it is the most fair way to get them to people since you probably have 100+ reservations for the morizo across all the dealers in Canada, so how do you make a cumulative "waiting list" across every dealer? At least this way it even's the playing field..

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS, 1988 Celica Alltrac/GT-Four
15 Posts
That’s fake
I think it's real. I thought it was fake first but it's the official Toyota Canada account and it's on the website.

Complete the contest survey below to enter for a chance to win the opportunity to purchase this truly special sports car.

·
Registered
'09 335i, '22 Veloster N
13 Posts
what info is provided? Anything worth sharing on the forum?
Just correcting myself in that I don't see VIN coding submitted for the MY23 GR Corolla. The letter date for the sedan and other hatchback models is 9/1 (both attached). For other cars that I've followed this closely I haven't seen real VIN's generated until after the NHTSA submission. Preproduction car VIN's generally follow the coding from the prior year and aren't "real". I believe a VIN isn't assigned or sent to a dealer until the car is either in or has completed production.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
452 Posts
Just correcting myself in that I don't see VIN coding submitted for the MY23 GR Corolla. The letter date for the sedan and other hatchback models is 9/1 (both attached). For other cars that I've followed this closely I haven't seen real VIN's generated until after the NHTSA submission. Preproduction car VIN's generally follow the coding from the prior year and aren't "real". I believe a VIN isn't assigned or sent to a dealer until the car is either in or has completed production.
Nice, that is helpful!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Confirmed, saw it on their insta as well. That's nuts. I suppose it is the most fair way to get them to people since you probably have 100+ reservations for the morizo across all the dealers in Canada, so how do you make a cumulative "waiting list" across every dealer? At least this way it even's the playing field..
If you do "win" the allocation, how do you make the transaction? If you tell your dealer you won an allocation, what's stopping them from marking up the shit out of it before it reaches your hands?

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you do "win" the allocation, how do you make the transaction? If you tell your dealer you won an allocation, what's stopping them from marking up the shit out of it before it reaches your hands?
You get to choose a dealer you want to be in touch with, I would guess the allocation goes to the winner’s selected dealer.

I’m confident there will be oversight against markups, if they dare to slap on any to such a high profile marketing campaign. Otherwise it’s gonna be a PR nightmare for the dealer & Toyota Canada

1961 - 1980 of 2082 Posts