Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1241 - 1260 of 1298 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
155 Posts
All I’ve heard is my dealer expects 2 maybe 3 Core grade cars to cap off the year. December is possibly when we might see a Circuit but if there is only 1, that might end up being the owners/showroom display.
My dealer said 2-3 cores this year as well. They finally admitted that the #1 slot is the dealership, then one guy ahead of me. Hopefully I’ll land on a Circuit at #3. I mentioned the Circuit but he didn’t have any figures for what he expected. i’m hoping you are right - If I end up going for the Circuit, I’d like to see them get the VIN before year-end. We’ll see how the prices land here soon.

·
Super Moderator
1,995 Posts
My dealer said 2-3 cores this year as well. They finally admitted that the #1 slot is the dealership, then one guy ahead of me. Hopefully I’ll land on a Circuit at #3. I mentioned the Circuit but he didn’t have any figures for what he expected. i’m hoping you are right - If I end up going for the Circuit, I’d like to see them get the VIN before year-end. We’ll see how the prices land here soon.
Yeah they’ll come in slow though, I’m assuming the last one will arrive in December sometime. We’ll see

·
Registered
170 Posts
This is what I've heard from several dealers too. I'm hoping that they will get enough allocated so that I can get the color and features I want on a Core. I would love a CE but every dealer I've asked said the 1st 1-2 will be sold to employees so if I can get a loaded Core in white I'll be very happy. If a loaded red or black one is available I'll take it and look at wrapping it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
All I’ve heard is my dealer expects 2 maybe 3 Core grade cars to cap off the year. December is possibly when we might see a Circuit but if there is only 1, that might end up being the owners/showroom display.
If the dealership did get a circuit and put it on display inside the showroom for a few days or a week or 2, do you think they would rope it off and make sure people don't sit in it and mess with it or touch it?

·
Super Moderator
1,995 Posts
If the dealership did get a circuit and put it on display inside the showroom for a few days or a week or 2, do you think they would rope it off and make sure people don't sit in it and mess with it or touch it?
Usually they do. I’ve even seen FRS/86s roped off when they first released. Same with the Supra.

With the Tundra I’ve seen a showroom model on display for 2 weeks or so, wasn’t blocked off but no one could sit in it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Weight is far more important than power.

A 4000 lbs car with 300 horsepower will get destroyed by a 2000 lbs car with 150 horsepower. The power to weight ratio is the same, but, lower weight means better braking, much better handling, and on a track with corners that will make a huge difference. Power matters going straight. Weight matters everywhere.
Yup that’s the big issue they were having
[/QUOTE]
Are u going to conclude that miata is always the answer? My miata will be happy to se
Weight is far more important than power.

A 4000 lbs car with 300 horsepower will get destroyed by a 2000 lbs car with 150 horsepower. The power to weight ratio is the same, but, lower weight means better braking, much better handling, and on a track with corners that will make a huge difference. Power matters going straight. Weight matters everywhere.
Yup that’s the big issue they were having
[/QUOTE]
are we going to conclude that miata is always the answer? My NABCD friend will be happy.

·
Registered
2011 Volkswagen GTI
52 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer today to double check if I was #1 on the list still or if any owners or employees were snagging one before me, and while he reassured me I am still #1 he did mention that allocations for all other models have just about halved.
I am not sure how this will affect for the GRC in terms of availability, but they are a Tier 1 dealer with a lot of high volume sales. So this could be an indication that the rollout of the GRC will be very slow.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Got to wait until September now and hope.

Considering how long this forum has been going I don't see the Hype over here. Nobody from New Zealand is actively posting and to be honest a manual car in most peoples minds is dead now. There will be a few die hard fans that will buy one of these because they have loads of cash and want to play on the track with it now and again. It offers an out of the box solution of just get in and drive it.

We will defiantly get the full info by November.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got to wait until September now and hope.

Considering how long this forum has been going I don't see the Hype over here. Nobody from New Zealand is actively posting and to be honest a manual car in most peoples minds is dead now. There will be a few die hard fans that will buy one of these because they have loads of cash and want to play on the track with it now and again. It offers an out of the box solution of just get in and drive it.

We will defiantly get the full info by November.
Don’t worry, you may be the only one posting from NZ on this forum, I but can assure there’s more than a few of us lurking in the background. If the GR Yaris was anything to go by, I can confidently say this car will be in HOT demand regardless of price, the economy etc

·
Registered
166 Posts
Two posts G16E ? You are a lurker for sure. Have you got your name down at a dealer ? Yes I'm interested but everything has a price limit so if it comes out stupid high I'm out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two posts G16E ? You are a lurker for sure. Have you got your name down at a dealer ? Yes I'm interested but everything has a price limit so if it comes out stupid high I'm out.
Absolutely, have had my name down since launch. Now, whether I will be one of the lucky ones to be allocated one is a different story.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So the obvious question is how much would you pay for a Circuit Edition in your colour choice over here in New Zealand?
This is a question we should not be publicly discussing. I wouldn't doubt if Toyota reps lurk here as well for some general feedback. If people are openly sharing what they'd pay (and honestly that number is unsettlingly high with the many I've seen) then that will shoot every single person in the foot that actually wants this car as a perfect 4 season daily driver.
Not everyone here is a car collector or investor. Some of us actually want the car to enjoy and put a ton of miles on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is a question we should not be publicly discussing. I wouldn't doubt if Toyota reps lurk here as well for some general feedback. If people are openly sharing what they'd pay (and honestly that number is unsettlingly high with the many I've seen) then that will shoot every single person in the foot that actually wants this car as a perfect 4 season daily driver.
Not everyone here is a car collector or investor. Some of us actually want the car to enjoy and put a ton of miles on.
I’ve said this a few times already but it continues…

I was one of the early ones who left deposit. I’m not worried about getting at MSRP here in Canada.
I sat in a Corolla at local dealership and it’s similar in size to Fiesta ST.
Toyota is looking to cash out on GrY hype as R&D is spread across more units. To me, this car is a bit more than WRX, but far less than CTR/ Golf R. All three of those are more cars with better heritage.

Somehow, we’ve reached $70k above lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
I’ve said this a few times already but it continues…

I was one of the early ones who left deposit. I’m not worried about getting at MSRP here in Canada.
I sat in a Corolla at local dealership and it’s similar in size to Fiesta ST.
Toyota is looking to cash out on GrY hype as R&D is spread across more units. To me, this car is a bit more than WRX, but far less than CTR/ Golf R. All three of those are more cars with better heritage.

Somehow, we’ve reached $70k above lol
I don't agree that that there is more heritage. I know the toyota brand got diluted by crossing over their awd really heritage from the celica to the corolla but their rally experience is much older, and different than the CTR which is not meant for rally. The GRC is also probably more equivalent to an STI and the interior has more features than the type r, though the new type r may go around the track slightly faster. The golf R is faster in a straight line but probably not on a technical track and may have slightly better interior features, but all euros are ahead of JDM cars in that segment so it is hard to compare as no jdm car will top a euro in interior tech.

1241 - 1260 of 1298 Posts