Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1221 - 1240 of 1297 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Obviously it wont be a Corolla LE price lol. Like I said just wishful thinking, that it might be a hell of a deal. Considering they (toyota) said it would be competitively priced" then I have all these supra dudes breathing fire down my neck! GROW UP! ITS GONNA BE $70k! MOVE ALONG VAPE BRO! k.
I definitely want it to price vape bros out of the market LOL. I think part of that seems to also be age gap/stage in life differences here. The "vapebros" with less money are squeezing their ass cheeks together to hoping it will be insanely cheap so they can afford it and post it on tiktok. The older people are just " the pricing is what it is" and more realistic with expectations and I don't think those 2 crowds mix well.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
I definitely want it to price vape bros out of the market LOL. I think part of that seems to also be age gap/stage in life differences here. The "vapebros" with less money are squeezing their ass cheeks together to hoping it will be insanely cheap so they can afford it and post it on tiktok. The older people are just " the pricing is what it is" and more realistic with expectations and I don't think those 2 crowds mix well.
I'm in the "I could afford it at $45k, but don't want to" crowd. Lol. The Golf R, or a different car in a different segment, is a better prospect to me at that price range. For that much money, I'd rather have a 460hp RWD muscle car (Mustang), or a lightly used Corvette.

Granted, I'm not in the $30k or bust club either. I'm hopeful for fully loaded being $40k, since the Supra starts at $42k. That said, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm mostly in the "wait and see" camp.

I am sad to know, however, that whatever I buy, my Focus ST will likely be sold to a vape bro. My car deserves a better life than that.

·
Banned
940 Posts
I'm in the "I could afford it at $45k, but don't want to" crowd. Lol. The Golf R, or a different car in a different segment, is a better prospect to me at that price range. For that much money, I'd rather have a 460hp RWD muscle car (Mustang), or a lightly used Corvette.

Granted, I'm not in the $30k or bust club either. I'm hopeful for fully loaded being $40k, since the Supra starts at $42k. That said, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm mostly in the "wait and see" camp.

I am sad to know, however, that whatever I buy, my Focus ST will likely be sold to a vape bro. My car deserves a better life than that.
I'm definitely CE or bust, but if the CE price approaches $50k with TT&L, I am strongly considering going with a base 3.0 supra with a manual transmission. The 2023 base 3.0 is receiving a bunch of standard equipment from the 3.0 premium, which were options for the 2022 base 3.0.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Couldn't agree more, I kinda want the price to be higher than what all the broke bros are expecting. Just so all the base corolla bros get priced out. Lmao. Sorry not sorry.

As someone who has mostly owned lightweight AWD, FWD turbo cars that once owned a 5.0 S550 stang. Make sure you know what you are getting and make sure you know what you like to drive.

Although, the HP is inviting, the weight, balance and overall dynamics of a car like the mustang is VERY different from say a ST or GRC (obviously), and from what you might love and enjoy driving. I went from a MK6 golf R to the stang and the stang lasted 8 months before I went back to a mk7 R. The stang is great fun, sounds amazing, but the weight and just boat of a vehicle cannot be masked when driving around town.

That was the lesson I learnt in what I will prefer driving for the rest of my life.

Also, the MK8R is virtually impossible to get at MSRP without waiting 1+ years, so expecting to get the MK8r at $40k will be a difficult endeavor. Just check the used market for them.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
As someone who has mostly owned lightweight AWD, FWD turbo cars that once owned a 5.0 S550 stang. Make sure you know what you are getting and make sure you know what you like to drive.

Although, the HP is inviting, the weight, balance and overall dynamics of a car like the mustang is VERY different from say a ST or GRC (obviously), and from what you might love and enjoy driving. I went from a MK6 golf R to the stang and the stang lasted 8 months before I went back to a mk7 R. The stang is great fun, sounds amazing, but the weight and just boat of a vehicle cannot be masked when driving around town.

That was the lesson I learnt in what I will prefer driving for the rest of my life.

Also, the MK8R is virtually impossible to get at MSRP without waiting 1+ years, so expecting to get the MK8r at $40k will be a difficult endeavor. Just check the used market for them.
Absolutely true. The Mustang is a very very different car. I've driven 2 S550s and loved them both. You definitely give up some of the lighter car feel, but I think the power and noise make up for a lot of that. And the S550, for once in the Mustang's life, doesn't absolutely suck at corners.

My biggest problem with a Corvette besides cost is the fanbase that comes with them. Too many of them are purists. Sadly, I've never gotten to drive one.

Y'alls willingness to pay more just to gatekeep is crazy 😖
Don't lump me in on that. I want the car as cheap as possible so I can get my hands on it and save money for mods and junk. I don't really care if vape bros get their hands on it. I'm a very live and let live kinda person. That doesn't mean I won't make fun of them or call them stupid, though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Y'alls willingness to pay more just to gatekeep is crazy 😖
I'm willing to pay (a little) more over sticker, because that's the market. Don't see anyone complaining they're getting more for their trade-ins? Goes both ways. When I bought my Supra, the market was so I didn't pay over. Now it is, so I will. If you can't, then this isn't the car for you. I'm trying to get a Cayman GT4 RS allocation too, but they're asking $50-100k over. I'm not willing to do that, so for now it's a pass. C'est la Vie.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it should be unreasonably priced, but I am more targeting the people saying "a penny over 30k and toyota loses my sale". I definitely agree with you on all fronts and I have my limit as well until I start looking at other platforms. I am more limited though because I need awd for the winter and also having a baby so need 4 reasonably seats. If I could I would also look at a supra or something similar but it's just not an option for me. TBH this car to me is sort of an exception for me and the only thing I am interested in within the price range so if its not this, i am not looking anywhere in the hot hatch market at all, so it's basically Circuit or totally different direction.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interesting conversations here. I'm pretty much cool with whatever happens. I'll probably buy this up to $45k OTD. I couldn't care less who gets to or doesn't get to buy it. I own a miata so I've seen both sides of that crowd owning a car that is both loved and hated by both teens and older folks. I looked at the Golf R and will probably avoid that as it's a pretty boring car tbh. If I can't get into a GRC I'll probably go a completely different direction and try to go for an M2 or 997.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Interesting conversations here. I'm pretty much cool with whatever happens. I'll probably buy this up to $45k OTD. I couldn't care less who gets to or doesn't get to buy it. I own a miata so I've seen both sides of that crowd owning a car that is both loved and hated by both teens and older folks. I looked at the Golf R and will probably avoid that as it's a pretty boring car tbh. If I can't get into a GRC I'll probably go a completely different direction and try to go for an M2 or 997.
when i think of miatas all i can think about is this:
Footwear Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
101 Posts
LoL, a few grand to maintain exclusivity is a small price to pay in my eyes.

As others have mentioned, being grouped in with vapebros is not very enticing.
To 90% of people, you will be grouped in with the vapebros. Maybe car enthusiasts won't put you in that bucket, but the general public will. The car is going to stand out like a sore thumb on the street and non enthusiasts will just assume it is the new version of that loud, buzzy car that the degens from upcountry are always racing through traffic.

I'm a nearly 40 year old dad. I'm going to look ridiculous in the GR corolla to most people. That's fine. It's what I like.

·
Banned
71 Posts
To 90% of people, you will be grouped in with the vapebros. Maybe car enthusiasts won't put you in that bucket, but the general public will. The car is going to stand out like a sore thumb on the street and non enthusiasts will just assume it is the new version of that loud, buzzy car that the degens from upcountry are always racing through traffic.

I'm a nearly 40 year old dad. I'm going to look ridiculous in the GR corolla to most people. That's fine. It's what I like.
Ya, it's the double-edged sword of owning a Japanese, performance, relatively cheaper hot hatch. You will never outlive the stigma. This is generally why I gravitated towards euro offerings in the past.

This time around, the Type R and GRC are too good to pass on.

I hate the fact that Audi pulled the plug on the RS3 and RSQ3 in Canada :'(.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
73 Posts
I'm not looking for this to be super cheap, but I am looking for it to be priced in line with the current market, the type of car it is, and our current times.

Does that mean it'll be $33K? Most likely not, but a starting price in the $38K range, is very appealing. Anything below that is icing on the cake.

I don't care who can or can not buy it, nor this idea about "vapebors"... I owned a Subaura STi for a year, you either hang out with that crowd or find the one that is more mature for your liking. The price of the car will not stop foolish owners from buying them.

Making a choice on the car based on the perception of others, IS a battle some have. I don't. I'm 6'3" and daily drive a Honda Fit, every day someone asks me how I fit inside. :LOL:

I also live in Texas, so the idea I don't drive a full-size truck at my size is baffling to some. I personally just enjoy smaller sporty cars. My last true sports car was a Honda S2000.

Either way, pricing I do not think will be something bad, it won't gatekeep much, because that doesn't matter unless you start talking $70K and up.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts

The whole “vape bros” term is funny to me because this forum and somewhat group early on started having a rivalry with Subaru people and those who tried to sneak over here. 😭😂

But in reality we just mean the younger crowd for this topic, which yeah you get more “stanced” cars and half assed projects. It puts a stigma on everyone and makes us look more like a sore thumb. Which to the contrary I’ve showed people the GR Corolla and they think it’s just a normal car. Lol

The part I find most annoying having super young crowd owning a certain car, is the forum can get filled will a bunch of nonsense and wannabe mechanics. The GR86 forum was exactly like that. We argue about price over here before launch, over there they tried to argue that the GR86 is higher performance than the BRZ.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Dealer updates. I've heard nothing.

We don't know the price. Let's just hold off on that. No one care that you're willing to pay 70k for the car. We'll wait for the official announcement and see how many forum members we have left.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Strong agree. I probably should've made that a warning, not a post, but here we are.

Dealer updates. I've heard nothing.

We don't know the price. Let's just hold off on that. No one care that you're willing to pay 70k for the car. We'll wait for the official announcement and see how many forum members we have left.
All I’ve heard is my dealer expects 2 maybe 3 Core grade cars to cap off the year. December is possibly when we might see a Circuit but if there is only 1, that might end up being the owners/showroom display.

1221 - 1240 of 1297 Posts