Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
781 - 800 of 908 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
Agreed, I think pricing is going to scare most people away. But who knows... these days you can work a minimum wage job and take a loan for a $40k vehicle with zero down.

Average US monthly car payment is over $700 a month and you can finance for up to 72 months nowa days.
There will be people who do that for sure. When the Supra came out regardless of hate, people figured out how to dig one up.

I think overall it’s just the new car buzz that people want to be apart of whether they back out or sell the car 4 months later for views.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agreed, I think pricing is going to scare most people away. But who knows... these days you can work a minimum wage job and take a loan for a $40k vehicle with zero down.

Average US monthly car payment is over $700 a month and you can finance for up to 72 months nowa days.
Not anymore you can't. Especially with rates going up. Also remember that the average age of a new car buyer is 52 years old. Remember to read most articles with a grain of salt. They don't always tell the whole story. Just the narrative they want to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I called my stealership up yesterday and spoke to "my guy". He stated I was still number one on their list. He also stated that they had to stop taking orders due to the demand. He said once they find out their allocation numbers and specs I would come into the stealership and sit down and go over my preferences. He was trying to push the circuit edition on me, but I don't want that one. I stated I wanted a core model loaded with the 3 options, in white. And he did say he would do everything in his power to try and get that spec/model. Either way I am still number one on their list and looking forward to sitting down with them. He said he would reach out in July or August etc.
I guess I need to call this guy and see what’s up. I’m supposedly number 2 behind you and want the circuit edition.

·
Registered
13 Posts
View attachment 2489
Unironically just got this ad while scrolling the forums.
Yo i had to go on their website to make sure that was legit! They’ve gotta mean it’s their Golf R price and even then that’s high.

700 x 72 comes out to 50k and that’s not including the 5k you have to put down.

it really makes me wonder who it is paying these prices. I called a dealer a few days ago about a 2022 Civic Si. He told me it had sat for “a while” but unfortunately someone was in finance at that very moment buying it. I inquired about getting their next car and they said sure but it’s gonna have an 8k markup!
How are these people justifying paying 40k OTD on a Civic Si?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yo i had to go on their website to make sure that was legit! They’ve gotta mean it’s their Golf R price and even then that’s high.

700 x 72 comes out to 50k and that’s not including the 5k you have to put down.

it really makes me wonder who it is paying these prices. I called a dealer a few days ago about a 2022 Civic Si. He told me it had sat for “a while” but unfortunately someone was in finance at that very moment buying it. I inquired about getting their next car and they said sure but it’s gonna have an 8k markup!
How are these people justifying paying 40k OTD on a Civic Si?
I'm sure a good amount of folks only care/worry about that monthly payment. $700/month is easier to swallow than forking over 5 figures.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This economy is strange. I’m paying monthly for a used Cayman right now, and I call it my savings account on wheels. My retirement account has taken a 20% crap, along with my typical stock/robo advisor savings account. Even with a 2.99% loan, track tires and consumables, my cayman is performing better financially than most of my investments. So who knows! 😂

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm estimating 4.5%. It might be higher. Toyota only gives lower rates on the cheaper vehicles. If you check their payment estimator for the 2.0 Supra ($44,565), they give you a 6.74% estimated APR for a 60mo loan. Also, this is for an estimated Excellent (720+) credit score.

View attachment 2490
3.9 to 6.9 is a likely bet. They don’t have to subsidize the rate to make a sale anymore so they won’t. Hopefully the Fed slows their roll on these interest rate increases. They will slow down the economy but to bring down inflation they’ll have to destroy it. Inflation is currently a global phenomenon, driven by scarcity. I feel like the fed is using tools from an expired paradigm…

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've bought many new cars over my years but I've always made a $400 car payment to myself every month and put it in a separate account. When I want my next car I either have enough to pay cash for it ot=r I have. huge down payment. This way I save almost $5k a year. My last new car I bought was my 2017 Corolla iM 6MT. I was able to buy it with cash and I've been saving up for my next car ever since. By the time the GRC is available and I get mine I'll have $25k saved up so it will make what I owe feel like not a lot. And I always pay cars off much quicker as I hate a car payment. I love my Corolla iM too. 😍
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
138 Posts
3.9 to 6.9 is a likely bet. They don’t have to subsidize the rate to make a sale anymore so they won’t. Hopefully the Fed slows their roll on these interest rate increases. They will slow down the economy but to bring down inflation they’ll have to destroy it. Inflation is currently a global phenomenon, driven by scarcity. I feel like the fed is using tools from an expired paradigm…
According to the news it seems like they are trying to ramp up interest rates by the end of the year. supposedly car loan rates will be 6-8%. a 30 yr fixed rate mortgage average rate is now almost 6% currently.

·
Registered
199 Posts
According to the news it seems like they are trying to ramp up interest rates by the end of the year. supposedly car loan rates will be 6-8%. a 30 yr fixed rate mortgage average rate is now almost 6% currently.
If it’s anywhere near 6 to 8 (which I fully believe is possible) then a lot of people probably won’t be going for the grc but who knows.
If you somehow get a lower apr you better get it locked lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If it’s anywhere near 6 to 8 (which I fully believe is possible) then a lot of people probably won’t be going for the grc but who knows.
If you somehow get a lower apr you better get it locked lol.
I am thinking that it may be possible for people to get a "reasonable" rate on models that come out in late 2022. By reasonable I mean maybe 5-6%. I think anything 2023+ will be through the roof. I am sure some kids will take out some crazy loan just to have the car.

I was planning to pay most of it up front and take out a small loan (like 15K of it) just to help maintain credit score and then pay it off in a year. If the interest rate is >2% its not worth it just for the sake of maintaining a score and I will just pay it all up front.

781 - 800 of 908 Posts