Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
761 - 780 of 908 Posts

·
Registered
14 FRS
38 Posts
Nope. We’d all know if we were getting one or not. We’d at least have positions in line that were real. We’d be paying MSRP. We’d most likely get to order the cars as we’d like them. There would be one point of contact. I’m not sure what would be worse about it?
Since the vehicle is so limited, I think my chances would be worse personally.

I agree with your points but I think that hardest thing which you didn't mention would be getting a good spot in the line. No idea how they'd roll it out, but I imagine all orders would be filled within a couple of minutes or less of going live. Online traffic would probably be ridiculous as everyone is going to try be one of the first ones in line not to mention you may have to compete with bots, flipping cars or selling spots in line.

The biggest advantage with the current stealership model is that most of us were able to at least get in line weeks or months before the vehicle was even revealed (pre-hype).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like a mess over there but some of you are not helping. If you start putting your name down at eight different dealers your stuffing it up for everyone. Imagine if they were basing production off of the perceived demand ? No wonder dealers are taking deposits so would I to get rid of the duplicate orders and the tyre kickers.
Literally same thing. People are out of their minds going to 14 stealerships and putting their name down. Relaxxxxx. Seems like a ton of unneeded work and time and effort. I went to one prior to official announcement and put my deposit down and that's it. Hoping for best.

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
128 Posts
Nope. We’d all know if we were getting one or not. We’d at least have positions in line that were real. We’d be paying MSRP. We’d most likely get to order the cars as we’d like them. There would be one point of contact. I’m not sure what would be worse about it?
Think Xbox series x…..bots lined up hovering over the purchase button, inst-sold out, but it looks like you got one for a full hour until. It finally errors out. Only for you to see it for sale on other websites with giant markups……

·
Registered
59 Posts
Think Xbox series x…..bots lined up hovering over the purchase button, inst-sold out, but it looks like you got one for a full hour until. It finally errors out. Only for you to see it for sale on other websites with giant markups……
I don’t see the demand even being a percentage point of the demand for a PS5. Toyota could do it a million ways that would be more transparent for the purchaser. They won’t. Their system works for them. Every Toyota of any type they build and ship to dealers in the USA sells.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don’t see the demand even being a percentage point of the demand for a PS5. Toyota could do it a million ways that would be more transparent for the purchaser. They won’t. Their system works for them. Every Toyota of any type they build and ship to dealers in the USA sells.
Easiest way to regulate sales and do direct order would be online order from factory, cash only which would be ideal.

·
Registered
14 FRS
38 Posts
Well, since people want to go down the road of ordering directly from the manufacturer like a normal product. Order your product and pay up front. Which would also weed out people signing up for these waitlists that aren't serious and will bail anyway.
Well you're for sure right about weeding out the majority lol but I don't think even Toyota would want that, if you finance thru Toyota that's just more money in their pocket especially with rising interest rates.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well you're for sure right about weeding out the majority lol but I don't think even Toyota would want that, if you finance thru Toyota that's just more money in their pocket especially with rising interest rates.
Oh that is definitely true, but that would fit the concept of direct ordering like a standard product(which I personally wouldn;t mind).

·
Registered
32 Posts

I waited in line like a doofus for 2.5hrs at the local bestbuy for Xbox One Halo Ediiton. Wound up getting it. Didnt do anything crazy and try to go to 17 best buys to get my xbox. Same way ppl are putting their names down at 17 dealers for the GRC.....ppl are nuts.

·
Super Moderator
537 Posts
I'm only on the list for 2 dealers, with a 3rd one claiming I'm #1 on his list, but he hasn't reached out to me since the reveal. I text my other 2 maybe once every 3 weeks or so, just to confirm I'm still interested and stay in touch. One of the two is super excited about the car. The other is excited, but isn't a sports car guy. I expect the second to be the one to actually sell me a car. Lol.

The former is a smalltown Toyota dealer that has been running their dealership for 40+ years. He's 100% confident that base won't be more than $32k because "Toyota knows how to price out the competition." We'll see, but it'd be cool if he was right.

With the rumors of a watered down GRC, I'd be hard pressed to believe $32k for a GRC when the base Corolla's top trim is $30k.

Reactions: jdm-v35

·
Registered
138 Posts
I waited in line like a doofus for 2.5hrs at the local bestbuy for Xbox One Halo Ediiton. Wound up getting it. Didnt do anything crazy and try to go to 17 best buys to get my xbox. Same way ppl are putting their names down at 17 dealers for the GRC.....ppl are nuts.
I remember when the wii first came out. I waited overnight in line for it lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm only on the list for 2 dealers, with a 3rd one claiming I'm #1 on his list, but he hasn't reached out to me since the reveal. I text my other 2 maybe once every 3 weeks or so, just to confirm I'm still interested and stay in touch. One of the two is super excited about the car. The other is excited, but isn't a sports car guy. I expect the second to be the one to actually sell me a car. Lol.

The former is a smalltown Toyota dealer that has been running their dealership for 40+ years. He's 100% confident that base won't be more than $32k because "Toyota knows how to price out the competition." We'll see, but it'd be cool if he was right.

With the rumors of a watered down GRC, I'd be hard pressed to believe $32k for a GRC when the base Corolla's top trim is $30k.
Thought XSE Corolla hatch tops out at around 27-28K.
I just fully optioned a XSE out including the most expensive paint and it came in right under 28k INCLUDING destination fees
. This is with the manual trans, the automatic would have added another $1k, but you really can't compare a fully loaded auto XSE to the starting price of a core GRC, a fully spec'd out manual XSE is more comparable.
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Screenshot

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
Thought XSE Corolla hatch tops out at around 27-28K.
I just fully optioned a XSE out including the most expensive paint and it came in right under 28k INCLUDING destination fees
. This is with the manual trans, the automatic would have added another $1k, but you really can't compare a fully loaded auto XSE to the starting price of a core GRC, a fully spec'd out manual XSE is more comparable.
View attachment 2488
Either way the base Core still has 130 hp more, new engine, AWD, stiffened chassis. Only thing it won’t have is lsds. The current Apex XSE is 29k and all it has is new bumpers, a stiffer ride, and exhaust. Lmao.

But let’s wait until the price is revealed.

The majority will be weeded out by launch anyways. 😂

Most of these people with one foot in and one foot out on here will be ghosts in months. Usually what happens on new releases.

·
Registered
14 FRS
38 Posts
Snip

The majority will be weeded out by launch anyways. 😂

Most of these people with one foot in and one foot out on here will be ghosts in months. Usually what happens on new releases.
Agreed, I think pricing is going to scare most people away. But who knows... these days you can work a minimum wage job and take a loan for a $40k vehicle with zero down.

Average US monthly car payment is over $700 a month and you can finance for up to 72 months nowa days.

761 - 780 of 908 Posts